Which feature do you most want to see from Rockbox in our X series players?
Mar 20, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #17 of 41
Oh, that's great to hear, that you are investigating in that new direction!!!

My list goes from

- replay gain (at least album tags)
- having the choice for ok-button-behaviour (play now <-> queue selected song as (second choice) next or at the end of the current, temporal playlist. I often used my good old ipod 7th gen as a simple (but somehow complex) jukebox on parties.
- crossover fading from one to the next song
- treble and bass adjustment is a nice-to-have, but no have-to

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #18 of 41
i would love to have the following on my x1:

- full parametric 10-band EQ
- rockbox-like bookmark management
- adjustable crossfader for random play
- roxkbox-like playlist management

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #22 of 41
+1 for ReplayGain

Apr 1, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #24 of 41
Replay gain for me, although on other devices I have had, replay gain doesn't adjust the volume quite enough, the louder CDs still sound noticeably louder (although nowhere near as much louder as when RG is turned off). If Fiio could tweak it a bit , that would be great.

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #25 of 41
  Replay gain for me, although on other devices I have had, replay gain doesn't adjust the volume quite enough, the louder CDs still sound noticeably louder (although nowhere near as much louder as when RG is turned off). If Fiio could tweak it a bit , that would be great.

Replaygain levels will depend upon what you have used to input the values to the metadata. Foobar is a good choice.

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #26 of 41
One of the key Rockbox developers now has an X1, so with any luck we'll have all the features at some point, maybe sooner if you collaborate :)

http://www.rockbox.org/irc/log-20150329#00:37:45

I can't think of a single feature I like above all others, but here are some that mean I only buy devices that have a port;

- Loadable text based config files
 - Sleep timer: On startup, restart on keypress
 - Embedded cuesheets for FLAC, Ogg & MP3
 - Crossfade when in shuffle mode
 - Text based bookmark format
 - Replaygain

Edit: On reflection the feature I'd most like to see - source code.

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #29 of 41
I'm not sure I understand the problem.

Replaygain levels will depend upon what you have used to input the values to the metadata. Foobar is a good choice.

For instance this sounds like what you're saying I ought to want to do on the player itself because it's supposed to be standalone.

That EQ and some GUI to fix what Fiio does not quite right in my eyes (literally).  That means good sound to me and good esthetics, the few times I need to do more than listen IOW the times I need to look at the interface.  Playlist editor not being on the X1, as now, is in comparison low enough priority that I'd be willing (if such a choice were reality; here it's for argument/comparison's sake) to pick EQ over it.

Another angle on my extreme sound-bias: Neutron music player on Android has very likely the clunkiest GUI I've ever had to deal with, and is really not pretty either, and yet I don't care enough that I'm considering not using my X1 anymore because I get better sound from a crappy Nexus 4 with Neutron that I briefly tried off a friend, than my X1+E11k, both of these on my VModa M100s.  I'm going to do some proper comparison tests again and if my quick impression was right, I don't see why I'd hang onto the X1.  Unless the X1 got something like such a rockbox EQ.

I actually dread having to have some phone (not Nexus because no uSD) + Neutron instead of my X1.  I like the Fiio form factor better, and that Neutron GUI is absolutely godawful.  But sound trumps everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back