Which external sound card should i buy under 60$?
Jul 13, 2019 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ozan.

New Head-Fier
i heard about BlasterX G1 is good but idk. I will buy it for Dt 990 Edition. Also HD58X i didn't buy because i didnt like its double cable. Is it better than Dt 990 Edition? What should i do? I will use it for gaming probably, sometimes movies.

Jul 14, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi Ozan! What are you trying to achieve with the external sound card? What’s your setup now? I don’t know the details of the DT990 phones you mentioned, but some headphones require a good headphone amp in order to achieve its full potential, and that may be one motivation for upgrading your setup. AFAIK, the 58X’s are designed to be relatively easy to drive, which may lessen the need for an amp.

Hope this helps. I think if you were a bit more specific about your current setup and what your needs are, you might get specific advice that better suits your needs. Personally, I don’t think a $60 device is going to make all that much difference, but then again, that all depends on your current setup. Good luck!

Jul 14, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi Ozan! What are you trying to achieve with the external sound card? What’s your setup now? I don’t know the details of the DT990 phones you mentioned, but some headphones require a good headphone amp in order to achieve its full potential, and that may be one motivation for upgrading your setup. AFAIK, the 58X’s are designed to be relatively easy to drive, which may lessen the need for an amp.

Hope this helps. I think if you were a bit more specific about your current setup and what your needs are, you might get specific advice that better suits your needs. Personally, I don’t think a $60 device is going to make all that much difference, but then again, that all depends on your current setup. Good luck!
I dont have a setup. In my mind im going to buy 250 ohm dt 990 premium(more comfort?) Also an amp. But for gaming i found blasterx g1 sound cars and it has 7.1 surround sound. When i read amazon reviews some of people say it has problems(static sound) so i asked to here.
Sorry for english i hope you understand me. And what is difference between g1 g5 and g6 or should i buy anything else.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 4
I dont have a setup. In my mind im going to buy 250 ohm dt 990 premium(more comfort?) Also an amp. But for gaming i found blasterx g1 sound cars and it has 7.1 surround sound. When i read amazon reviews some of people say it has problems(static sound) so i asked to here.
Sorry for english i hope you understand me. And what is difference between g1 g5 and g6 or should i buy anything else.

Hi Ozan, unfortunately I don't have any direct knowledge with any of those systems, so I cannot really say for sure. But, I assume at the moment you can listen to audio through your computer's headphone port? That's a setup as well, if you think about it!

My recommendation would be that you buy a headphone with good reviews that you think you might like, and use it with the setup you have at the moment. I do think that investing in a great set of headphones is a good idea. What's NOT a good idea is to think that you can buy some "best" headphone, because there's just so much variation in what each person likes. YOU will never know what YOU like until you start hearing things yourself, so start with something that looks good to you, and go from there.

What I wouldn't necessarily recommend is the blasterX sound cards. They might be decent, but I have a feeling that what they offer in terms of actual upgrade over your current setup may be minimal, and you might outgrow them pretty quickly. I may be wrong here as I'm not really into it, but does it even make sense that you hear 7.1 surround sound through headphones? It sounds like a gimmick to me, not really worth buying into the hype...

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back