Which Electronic Music (Bass) IEMs $200 - $300??
Mar 3, 2017 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Share2Care

100+ Head-Fier
Aloha Gents and Ladies.

Hope this finds you all well.

I have been reading, for weeks on many different IEMs and on this miraculous place with a serious focus on Electronic Music and all the different labels for the types of music that can be classed in and around this area.

I am mighty impressed with the IEMs that offer filters and various other very impressive ways of changing the sound and frequency that was being produced.

These IEMs seem to be striving to cover as much canvass as possible which is understandable and with reading many reviews are making leaps and bounds from one generation to the next.

I am happy to splash the cash for a pair of IEM that can deliver an earth shattering amount of beautiful bass.. All types of bass but not at a complete cost to the mids, trebles, highs etc etc. I am looking for something that will deliver not only the filthy bass but the beautiful female vocals of an example of Koven.

Everything is a compromise in life and music is subjective, but this is why it is a beautiful place to enjoy life.

Hoping the available funds gives a few choices. If there is a pair of IEMs that are outstanding but cost a little more, I can save a little more so feel free to suggest.

All help, guidance, recommendations, anything really awould be most appreciated.

Thank you :)

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 8
FLC8S comes to mind. It would be my favorite but I also have the SE846 which are about 3x more than the FLC8S.

I find electronic music a little fatiguing to listen to due to the level of pads and high sharp treble( with the wrong IEM). A good IEM should have a little roll off at the top for electronic.

SE846 are my preferred cup of tea in earth shattering smooth and lush bass with great slam and texture. Non fatiguing, great body with forward mids. Sound stage is about the right kind for Electronic music. Medium sized sound stage. I can literally listen to this with electronic music for HOURS on end with no fatigue. Very forgiving with sibilant or high treble tracks. Never ear piercing music. Bass never really distorts and sometimes I find myself wanting to crank it up to feel that bass. One of the best IEM for bass imo. 

The FLC8s has great bass as well but a different kind. The sound signature is also tunable if you seem to get fatigued with the treble. This one gives me a little fatigue after a bit (treble). They sound more airy than the SE846. 

Sounds very crisp, clear, coherent.

Difference for electronic music from flc8s to SE846

FLC makes me want to raise my hand

SE846 Makes me want to go full berserk and bob my head and feet. Definitely recommend SE846. I was craving for something more for electronic music from the FLC and got it with that subwoofer like bass slam. Bass also never sounds too boomy. Its cohesive and overall just one of my favorites. Not the most detailed IEM I have but definitely one of the more fun sounding IEMS for popular types of music including electronic, pop and hip hop.

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #4 of 8
Something from this thread would probably be right up your alley;

http://www.head-fi.org/t/761433/head-fi-basshead-iem-thread-lists-page-1

Thank you kindly. 700+ pages of reading to get through!

FLC8S comes to mind. It would be my favorite but I also have the SE846 which are about 3x more than the FLC8S.

I find electronic music a little fatiguing to listen to due to the level of pads and high sharp treble( with the wrong IEM). A good IEM should have a little roll off at the top for electronic.

SE846 are my preferred cup of tea in earth shattering smooth and lush bass with great slam and texture. Non fatiguing, great body with forward mids. Sound stage is about the right kind for Electronic music. Medium sized sound stage. I can literally listen to this with electronic music for HOURS on end with no fatigue. Very forgiving with sibilant or high treble tracks. Never ear piercing music. Bass never really distorts and sometimes I find myself wanting to crank it up to feel that bass. One of the best IEM for bass imo. 

The FLC8s has great bass as well but a different kind. The sound signature is also tunable if you seem to get fatigued with the treble. This one gives me a little fatigue after a bit (treble). They sound more airy than the SE846. 

Sounds very crisp, clear, coherent.

Difference for electronic music from flc8s to SE846

FLC makes me want to raise my hand

SE846 Makes me want to go full berserk and bob my head and feet. Definitely recommend SE846. I was craving for something more for electronic music from the FLC and got it with that subwoofer like bass slam. Bass also never sounds too boomy. Its cohesive and overall just one of my favorites. Not the most detailed IEM I have but definitely one of the more fun sounding IEMS for popular types of music including electronic, pop and hip hop.

Really appreciate ypu taking the time to go through and give your thoughts and suggestions. I will look into the two you have forward.

Thank you very much indeed :)

Will make a post on the Bass IEM thread. So much knowledge there....!

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 8
Thank you kindly. 700+ pages of reading to get through!
Really appreciate ypu taking the time to go through and give your thoughts and suggestions. I will look into the two you have forward.

Thank you very much indeed
smily_headphones1.gif

Will make a post on the Bass IEM thread. So much knowledge there....!

Cheers! Page one should have lists from all the resident bassheads with their top picks organized into specific categories. Should help narrow it down a bit :)

The FLC8S is a pretty nice iem for EDM, but I've found it's raw bass quantity a little low (even set up for max bass) unless EQ'd. It's still a good choice though given the versatility afforded by all the filter options. 

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #6 of 8
Go to your local Apple Store and try the RHA T20i. If you don't like then, just take them back and get your money back
http://www.apple.com/shop/product/HJ9X2ZM/B/rha-t20i-high-fidelity-noise-isolating-in-ear-headphones?fnode=2a83f704bab71568207e43601a1b2e32ddac91ac48e13977e8cc130a06ab1701ad3706effd00bc5d3febd03ed4b5b768018ae5a2e2467fa4a440571b3dc4d789ed7b62c87e5da44fb10133dd928367a410debdb7eb8c8f7d21b522d0e4b66eea

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #7 of 8
Cheers! Page one should have lists from all the resident bassheads with their top picks organized into specific categories. Should help narrow it down a bit :)

The FLC8S is a pretty nice iem for EDM, but I've found it's raw bass quantity a little low (even set up for max bass) unless EQ'd. It's still a good choice though given the versatility afforded by all the filter options. 

Aloha!

The Forrest FLC8S look amazing as do other hybrid IEMs to be honest.

I am based in the UK so looking on Amazon there is one seller based in China with 2 ratings. Finding it hard to find any local sources.

If I have to import, do they have a main website to order from?

Thanks for the help :)

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #8 of 8
Aloha!

The Forrest FLC8S look amazing as do other hybrid IEMs to be honest.

I am based in the UK so looking on Amazon there is one seller based in China with 2 ratings. Finding it hard to find any local sources.

If I have to import, do they have a main website to order from?

Thanks for the help
smily_headphones1.gif

Penon Audio is a trusted source. They take care of their customers: http://penonaudio.com/FLC-8s?search=flc

Lend Me Ur Ears is good to, and I'm pretty sure they carry the FLC8S but I haven't been able to get on their site for quite a while now to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back