Which earbuds should I buy?
Oct 24, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #16 of 25
  What do you mean when you say "trade off is in the build quality" ?

By the way, I found this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826901004&cm_re=rha-_-26-901-004-_-Product

Thats like 60$ off the regular price. 
What would you take? Shure or RHA?

He means they are built better.  

That's an amazing deal on the RHA ma750.  I might snatch those myself.  I think most people would tell you 750s are better than the  215s.

Oct 24, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #17 of 25

He means they are built better.  

That's an amazing deal on the RHA ma750.  I might snatch those myself.  I think most people would tell you 750s are better than the  215s.

In sound quality, definitely. I'm just in love with the SE215 because its flush design allows me to sleep with em on. I can't be the only one who listens to music while sleeping, right? 
etysmile.gif

Oct 24, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #18 of 25
  In sound quality, definitely. I'm just in love with the SE215 because its flush design allows me to sleep with em on. I can't be the only one who listens to music while sleeping, right? 
etysmile.gif

That's a nice benefit!  Not much of a headphone sleeper myself.  Although if you're willing to shell out $200 you can get the RHA T10s in November which have a flush design as well.

I wanted to wait for the T10s to release but at $80 it's hard to argue with purchasing the 750s and pocketing the $120.

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #19 of 25

That's a nice benefit!  Not much of a headphone sleeper myself.  Although if you're willing to shell out $200 you can get the RHA T10s in November which have a flush design as well.

I wanted to wait for the T10s to release but at $80 it's hard to argue with purchasing the 750s and pocketing the $120.

I was very excited for the T10i, despite the fact that they don't really fit the sound signature I prefer. The 750i is a fine pair of IEMs and from what I've read so far, the T10i performs similarly, so what you're possibly paying for is predominately a better build quality? My only gripe with the T10i is the lack of detachable cables, which I feel that all IEMs in the price range should have. 

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #20 of 25
  I was very excited for the T10i, despite the fact that they don't really fit the sound signature I prefer. The 750i is a fine pair of IEMs and from what I've read so far, the T10i performs similarly, so what you're possibly paying for is predominately a better build quality? My only gripe with the T10i is the lack of detachable cables, which I feel that all IEMs in the price range should have. 

Good point.  I could be wrong but from the reviews so far it doesn't sound like they're much different - bass emphasis and a little less refinement in the mids and highs.  Both warm.  So the $120 for better build quality and a different, more flush design is quite a lot.

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #21 of 25

Good point.  I could be wrong but from the reviews so far it doesn't sound like they're much different - bass emphasis and a little less refinement in the mids and highs.  Both warm.  So the $120 for better build quality and a different, more flush design is quite a lot.

Yep, if you're looking for a fine set of warm headphones for a good price, I would pick up the 750i. I'm rather sure the T10i would be around $150 in a few months, which is when I'll probably pick them up. And I'm not gonna lie, I simply want them because they look like jet engines. I wouldn't care if all it played was fart noises. Alright, I would care, but as long as they're serviceable, I'll pick them up. 

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #22 of 25
  Yep, if you're looking for a fine set of warm headphones for a good price, I would pick up the 750i. I'm rather sure the T10i would be around $150 in a few months, which is when I'll probably pick them up. And I'm not gonna lie, I simply want them because they look like jet engines. I wouldn't care if all it played was fart noises. Alright, I would care, but as long as they're serviceable, I'll pick them up. 

ha! I'm a sucker for aesthetics myself and they do look pretty damn awesome.. I guess kind of like jet engines.  We can't forget about the filters too - could turn out to be a hit.

Good idea on picking the T10s at the price drop.  I went ahead with the 750is for $80 shipped and I feel like I got a steal so I'm glad I found this thread. I have the amazon price tracker and they didn't go below $120 the entire year.

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #23 of 25

ha! I'm a sucker for aesthetics myself and they do look pretty damn awesome.. I guess kind of like jet engines.  We can't forget about the filters too - could turn out to be a hit.

Good idea on picking the T10s at the price drop.  I went ahead with the 750is for $80 shipped and I feel like I got a steal so I'm glad I found this thread. I have the amazon price tracker and they didn't go below $120 the entire year.

Good buy, man. :) And yes, the exchangeable filters is an interesting feature. I wonder if they really provide any substantial difference. Hopefully, there will be more reviews up after release. I don't want to sound like a lunatic, but I'm a little apprehensive on trusting reviews by forum members who were hand picked by the distributor to do early reviews. 
confused_face.gif

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #24 of 25
  Good buy, man. :) And yes, the exchangeable filters is an interesting feature. I wonder if they really provide any substantial difference. Hopefully, there will be more reviews up after release. I don't want to sound like a lunatic, but I'm a little apprehensive on trusting reviews by forum members who were hand picked by the distributor to do early reviews. 
confused_face.gif

Thanks.  I agree, there's almost a moral obligation to give a positive/biased review.  Guarantees reviews and free headphones in the future too 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back