Which ear tips work best with Fischer Eterna?
Jan 31, 2011 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

StevePod

New Head-Fier
I recently received a new pair of Eterna earphones and am having problems with the tips. All of the tips are too small for my ears. I could get a seal with the double flange tips, but only by inserting them deep which caused the highs to vanish. I was able to get a pretty good seal with tips from my Hippo VBs. The large Hippo tips have too large of a center hole and still don't seal well. I must have elephant ears.

I searched the the Head-Fi threads for suggestions. Comments suggested tips that fit TF10, Sony EX700s, AT CK6s, and RE0 would work. But, two different Comply tips fit these units--the 400 and 500 series. Any idea which series would be best? Comply's site does not list Fischer earphones.

Thanks,
Steve

p.s.: great web site! The discussions have helped me a lot. The Eterna's I received are the latest batch of the original design. They sound fantastic, when I could get a proper seal.

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #2 of 5
Not sure bought the comply tips, but I've read that the Sony Hybrids work great with the Externa.
I actually ordered a pair of Externas and Sony Hybrid tips today.

Feb 12, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #3 of 5
I put regular comply's I bought at radio shack on the eternas, worked great
the tips that come with the eternas kind of suck
they sound great though :)

Feb 12, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 5
I kinda went nuts buying and trying different tips.

-  Large Comply T-400 worked well
-  Large Sony Hybrids worked well
-  Large Monster foam tips from the Monster sampler kit worked well. The gel tips did not seal for me
-  The best surprise came from the cheap tips from EarphonesPlus. The regular density large silicone tips worked well and sounded as good as the Sony hybrids--comfortable with a good seal for great bass and good treble. I bought the regular and high-density tips. A pack of two regular-density tips with a bi-flange sample set cost $2.95 from an Amazon listing. Shipping only cost $3.71 for both packages of regular and high-density tips. EarphonesPlus also has packages with more pairs per package that results in even lower cost per pair.

Steve

May 23, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 5
Just my 2 cents, but im not a fan of Fischer Eterna's (V1) With my comply tips (Even with the wax protector off), I use the stock dual flange tips. They go in deep and are super comfortable.
One thing is for sure, they are not comfortable with Sennheiser IE7 tips (i tried all of my tips with them) and in terms of comfort Sunrise SW Xcape tips work well. I just wish there was a place in the UK where i can go tipping crazy! lol.

I was thinking of modding the Comply tips (slight shorten/get rid of part of the plastic-ish  inside) and try them backwards to preserve the highs and keep the isolation.

This is because i find the comply's backwards sound great with my IE7's, its just the plastic ring can get a bit annoying. If you have a test that preserves the brightness and isolation, let me know :wink:
If i knew what sizes of tips would fit, i'd experiment more to be honest. never tried Shure foamies or olives, would like some, i just dont know about the sizing compared to the eterna nozzle. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back