Which? E3c or ER6i based on soundstage.
Oct 18, 2004 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Mr Iriver

1000+ Head-Fier
Between the E3c and ER6i which would be better for things like chevelle, Pink Floyd, Coldplay...
Another question is which would have better soundstage plus a more involving sound?

Thenks in advance.

Oct 18, 2004 at 9:07 PM Post #2 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver
Between the E3c and ER6i which would be better for things like chevelle, Pink Floyd, Coldplay...
Another question is which would have better soundstage plus a more involving sound?

Thenks in advance.

Where do you plan on listening to them? Other than "soundstage," (which is meaningless to me when you talk about headphones) what sonic attributes are you looking for?

Oct 18, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 27
I think you would like the E3C's because they have better bass. The Ety's are supposed to have more "detail," but you aren't going to notice it in a commuting environment, whereas you will notice the lack of bass.

Oct 18, 2004 at 10:39 PM Post #8 of 27
I have had my pair of e3c for about 2 months now. I noticed that e3c takes a bit of power to drive before they would sound reasonable. Maybe they ain't properly burned in yet as I heard it takes a long time for these to be broken into their full potential. But then I suspect that since these phones were originally designed for stage monitor, which means they were designed to be driven by portable amp. Just a thought why they sound so much better with my amps then iPod. You may want to take this into consideration though.

Oct 18, 2004 at 10:55 PM Post #11 of 27
1. If I remember correctly, most of the members that have had both the E3Cs and the ER-6i's report that the Shures sound more aggresive, the bass being a key component. I don't have my E3Cs anymore so I cannot do a direct comparison, but I was able to listen to a friend's ER-6i's and had the same impression.

2. When I had the E3Cs, they were very easily driven -- in fact, sometimes I yearned for a level attenuator simply because they were too loud.

EDIT: Somehow, I feel that the Shures would be a better bet for you, Mr. iRiver.

Oct 18, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #12 of 27
So far the shure seems to be better for me.
A question I ask though is wouldn't the agresiveness of the sound get me tittinus?
And if I rise the highs in the equalizer could I reach some of the detail etys are known for (This way having the best of both Ety and shure).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back