Which Dream Theater studio album is your favourite?
Aug 20, 2005 at 12:20 AM Post #31 of 37
Another vote for SFAM, followed by Six Degrees.

Aug 20, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
Scenes from a Memory, hands down.

Yep. There's really nothing quite like it out there. I have to be careful about listening to one song off it, since I always end up listening to the whole album. IAW might have been up there if ACOS had been included on it. My DT studio album overall ranking:

1) SFAM
2) IAW
3) Awake
4) TOT
5) SDOIT
6) FII
7) Octavarium
8) WDADU

Aug 20, 2005 at 9:56 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by ojnihs
I'm completely an Image and Words fan. Pull Me Under got me into Dream Theater, and it's still one of my favorite DT songs ever. I don't know if I quite agree that it's mainstream pop, but I think I may be able to see your point on that one. It's still a great album and a must have for any Dream Theater fan.
genius.

That + Awake are my choices.

Aug 20, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #35 of 37
Voted for ToT. I just recently discovered them, actually there was a big flamewar Tool vs. DT thread on another forum I visit. While I love Tool, I figure if DT can inspire such anger toward me for it, they must be worth a listen
tongue.gif
At others' suggestions I picked up ToT, since I tend to like a harder sound. So far I think they're very good, but LaBrie's voice just doesn't do it for me. Still, compared to the 99% of new "rock" which is complete garbage, they're a welcome breath of fresh air.

Aug 20, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurck
Voted for ToT. I just recently discovered them, actually there was a big flamewar Tool vs. DT thread on another forum I visit. While I love Tool, I figure if DT can inspire such anger toward me for it, they must be worth a listen
tongue.gif
At others' suggestions I picked up ToT, since I tend to like a harder sound. So far I think they're very good, but LaBrie's voice just doesn't do it for me. Still, compared to the 99% of new "rock" which is complete garbage, they're a welcome breath of fresh air.

i had the same opinon at first
biggrin.gif
I hated his voice on ToT. it'll grow on you....

Aug 22, 2005 at 6:12 AM Post #37 of 37
Images & Words is a classic, too, but surprisingly, my third favourite is Falling Into Infinity -- they really let their Pink Floyd fetish show on that one (and that's a good thing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back