Which dongle should I get?
Feb 28, 2022 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

haavardnk

New Head-Fier
Im looking for a new dongle dac for my iPhone.
I am currently using the Qudelix 5k wired, but I finally found a headphone that I am totally satisfied with without EQ. So I want a normal wired dongle without battery which is direct connect to my phone, and also works with Mac and PC.

The headphones is the Campfire Audio Cascade, currently single ended but planning to buy a new 4.4mm cable for it. I am focusing on sound quality, but I would like at least 100mW of power, and possibly both 3.5 and 4.4mm connectors.

The one I am currently considering is the Xduoo Link 2 bal, which has some good reviews and really good power ratings.

Feb 28, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 7
Dragonfly Cobalt is simply the most musical and refined sound I have experienced on a dongle, I haven't heard a single Chinese dongle that comes close.

And with the Cobalt you don't even have the usual EMI noise issues, which practically all other dongles give. And the battery consumption is minimal.

Don't look at the measurements and idiotic comments on Reddit from people who can't even interpret certain data.

Feb 28, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #3 of 7
The two that seem to be leading the pack are the Luxury and Precision W2, and the Cayin RU6. I don't own either, but I plan to get the RU6 when I upgrade my phone.

Feb 21, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 7
Wow I was literally just trying to figure this out and found this thread by accident.

I have an M15 that sounds great sometimes but the random bursts of static make it unusable for me.

So what’s the best of the best money no object dongle these days? I need either 4.4 or 2.5 (prefer the first one) and MQA would be a big nice to have because I switch back and forth between Qobuz and Tidal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back