Which device can block noisy human voice, bird singing, announcement from the bus's speaker, heavy typist
Dec 9, 2013 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

miko

New Head-Fier
Hello, I  am looking for a device to block out as much as possible noise from people talking loudly, bird singing, announcements from the bus's speaker, heavy typist, traffic sound. Prince does not matter. Don't mind if it is in ear or headphone. Any suggestion?

Dec 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #2 of 11
in ear will do the trick. but what is your budget? I ask because there are several very good active noise cancelling headphones and one excellent active noise cancelling in ear. Unfortunately the really good active noise cancelling models are all expensive. Finally if you just want an in ear model to block out sound then go to the portables forum...

Dec 9, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 11
Unfortunately no solution will be completely silent especially with music turned off. I suggest you go to a Bose store and try their QC20 In ear and their best over ear active noise cancelling headphones. If those are not silent enough your only other options are a custom molded in ear or one of a hand full of higher end universal IEM's known for extreme isolation, possibly one of the Shure models or an etymotic model.

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #9 of 11
If you feel pain in your ears from the Shure model a triple flange tip might bother you but you can try.

I own the Etymotic HF3. All 3 HFx models are the same driver just different choices of microphone options. Note you can also use Shure foam tips with them and you can also buy custom ear tips as well. Please go to the etymotic website for more information.

Dec 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #11 of 11
I believe they both isolate about the same. The ER models have matched drivers and offer a bit better sound I believe but isolation wise I think they are about the same. I would post this question in the portable thread though or ask to have this thread moved to that forum where it will be read by people who might not ever come to the full size forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back