which desktop amp for Fostex T50 RP ?
Nov 4, 2015 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

diforce

New Head-Fier
Hi all, I need a amp recommendation for my Fostex T50RP phones.

My phones are modded (thunderpants I think), the mods added a LOT of detail but the bass went abit too sharp.

It ran on a TC electronic desktop konnect 6 mixer/dac/amp thingy , which gave it around 250mw .

Now i've read that these phones can take 3000mw , maybe that's where the bass is hiding ?

I'm thinking about the AUNE T1 MK2 tube amp , because it looks like tube amps output more mW into low impedance and they are rated at 1000mw or so at around 40 ohms.

I need to stay within that price range , max 200$.

is the AUNE T1 MK2 a good pick for the fostex ?  

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #3 of 4
I have thought about the M-stage ! but the output of the AUNE T1 MK2 is far greater , I thought because these phones can take the abuse of 3000mW , 1000mW would output more bass and "punch" because of more raw power , am I wrong ? 

Right now , everything is bloody perfect after the mods done, but the low notes are just not there, before the mods it was kinda there but all over the place, now its FAR more controlled but the low notes are just not there. as if they disappears , I think I need more power. 

Or i should mod the ports haha. anyway my DAC/AMP combo (output was around 250mW at 40 ohms or so) doesn't work with windows 10 and I wanna get into the tube world so ... yeah 

also the matrix m-stage is just an amp , the AUNE T1 is an amp/dac combo , so i benefit from both things. 

so in conclusion i think that tripling the wattage would bring it back. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back