Which Denon should I buy?
Oct 29, 2009 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

future_jack

Head-Fier
Hi,
I currently have Grado SR225i's with a little dot I+ tube amp. I like them but I would like something different too. Probably closed design.

As I said I want something different to the Grado's and I'm thinking Denon's or Beyerdynamic simply on what I've read about them - I mostly listen to dance music but I like other stuff too like rock etc. I don't have the opportunity to sample any before buying - would you say these two brands are significantly different to the grado's and in what way?

Is there a sweet spot in the Denon or Beyerdynamic lines like the SR225 in the Grado line. I would prefer to get something that can use my little dot I+ amp but may be open to considering another amp.

Oct 29, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by future_jack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
I currently have Grado SR225i's with a little dot I+ tube amp. I like them but I would like something different too. Probably closed design.

As I said I want something different to the Grado's and I'm thinking Denon's or Beyerdynamic simply on what I've read about them - I mostly listen to dance music but I like other stuff too like rock etc. I don't have the opportunity to sample any before buying - would you say these two brands are significantly different to the grado's and in what way?

Is there a sweet spot in the Denon or Beyerdynamic lines like the SR225 in the Grado line. I would prefer to get something that can use my little dot I+ amp but may be open to considering another amp.

How much are you looking at spending?

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #3 of 3
Denon D2000 stock.

Here's how it's different...

The Grados put the image in front of your face. The Denons put the image inside your head.

The Grados have incredible detail in the mid and high range. The Denons are not so detailed. Not sloppy, but just not so precise.

The Grados have a flat bass. Not weak, but not pronounced. The Denons have a stronger lower-mid and bass. It's almost like flipping on the "loudness" switch on a classic hi-fi receiver.

The Denons are closed, a lot of fun, and definitely different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back