Which DAP with soundmagic PL-50
Nov 29, 2009 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TheMafioso

Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I need to buy Portable DAP to be used with soundmagic PL-50 IEM.
Now soundmagic IEM are very detailed and accurate but I find the bass a little on the low side (I was used to listening JVC marshmallow's)...
So which DAP i should go ahead with...I mostly listen to rock(classic/alternative/progressive) and blues..

I need somethin ~ $100...I've searched around a bit...and confused between these 3 choices:
1. Sansa Clip
2. Sony E-series walkman
3. Cowon I7

I'm inclining towards sony walkman..since most mention it has good bass and very warm sounding...what do u guys suggest

Regards

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #2 of 10
I would recommend the Clip+ which is the successor to the Clip. I own a black 4GB model which sounds great (though the EQ could be much better) and should work well with your SoundMagic PL-50. As has been said before many times in these forums though, it depends on what you like.

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #4 of 10
Nov 30, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #5 of 10
Thanks for the links
smily_headphones1.gif

^^From the iAudio 7 review...i see it has DSP's to enhance bass, which most people feel are quite effective..
So does that give i7 upper hand over clip+ and sony walkman?

Nov 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #7 of 10
A bump for the good OP here
smily_headphones1.gif

The DSP's in the iAudio 7 will definitely help with the sound quality but as to how it it sound compared to the E-series or Clip+ I wouldn't know. If you plan on playing FLAC or Vorbis encoded files, you only need to choose between the iAudio 7 and the Clip+.

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #9 of 10
Glad to see.
ksc75smile.gif
Sound good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back