Which DAC / AMP with microphone for PS4/PC do you recommend?
Aug 25, 2020 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Galeonero

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for a DAC / AMP with microphone for ps4 and pc that is under 110 dollars, I had seen the SoundBlasterx G6 that looks good but is worth about 146 and from what I read quite a few software problems.
My use would be PS4 to play online and PC to listen to music.
That it is connected by USB, because I have PS4 Slim that does not have an optical.
I own one FiiO FA1 and Sony H.ear.on
I have in mind the Sound Blastex G5 but it seems to me that it is already something old and I do not know if it is worth much since it took about 4-5 years since its launch, I suppose there are already better things.

Aug 26, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #2 of 11
If you have a need for headphone surround sound, for something like FPS gaming,
Then a USB sound card, like the Creative G5 & G6 would be a good choice.
If you have no need for headphone surround sound, then a USB DAC/amp (that works with the PS4) would do the job.

For surround sound processing, I'm guessing the G5 & G6 are about equal.
The G6 comes with a better DAC chip, so better audio quality, but I doubt that will offer any gaming benefits, over the G5.

Aug 26, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #3 of 11
If you have a need for headphone surround sound, for something like FPS gaming,
Then a USB sound card, like the Creative G5 & G6 would be a good choice.
If you have no need for headphone surround sound, then a USB DAC/amp (that works with the PS4) would do the job.

For surround sound processing, I'm guessing the G5 & G6 are about equal.
The G6 comes with a better DAC chip, so better audio quality, but I doubt that will offer any gaming benefits, over the G5.
I'd like it to be an all-in-one, I'm not looking for surround sound processing but better sounding for gaming and listening to music.
I was thinking of buying a FiiO K5 PRO or iFi Zen DAC but you can't connect a microphone to them and they are not very portable and compatible with the PS4, I want it to be simple to just connect it via USB and to work.

Aug 26, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 11
Reach out to Schiit and ask them if the fulla would work with a PS4 or if you have harder to drive headphones I'd bump up to the Hel. I have a Hel and to sounds great with all of my headphones except for my LCDXs. It just makes the sound dull where my others sound pretty natural.

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #5 of 11
I'd like it to be an all-in-one, I'm not looking for surround sound processing but better sounding for gaming and listening to music.
I was thinking of buying a FiiO K5 PRO or iFi Zen DAC but you can't connect a microphone to them and they are not very portable and compatible with the PS4, I want it to be simple to just connect it via USB and to work.
I guess if your in need of a Mic, then a USB DAC/amp would not do.
I say to just get the Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 and set it to stereo (2.0) audio.
Get a used G5 off Ebay (or other).

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #6 of 11
I say to just get the Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 and set it to stereo (2.0) audio.
Reach out to Schiit and ask them if the fulla would work with a PS4 or if you have harder to drive headphones I'd bump up to the Hel. I have a Hel and to sounds great with all of my headphones except for my LCDXs. It just makes the sound dull where my others sound pretty natural.
It dosen´t work with PS4

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #7 of 11
I wanted other alternatives, so I did not decide to really buy it. I read a lot that they improve the user experience on PS4 but not with regard to listening to music, so I wanted a 2 in 1.
And the G6 from what I read I don't remember what material it has that is carcinogenic, so discarded. It seems like a joke but there is a label for something.

Aug 27, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #9 of 11
Oh I think Sennheiser has a small DAC amp with mic input on it as well. Maybe check that out.

Aug 27, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #10 of 11
I wanted other alternatives, so I did not decide to really buy it. I read a lot that they improve the user experience on PS4 but not with regard to listening to music, so I wanted a 2 in 1.
And the G6 from what I read I don't remember what material it has that is carcinogenic, so discarded. It seems like a joke but there is a label for something.
Maybe you should consider replacing the PS4 Slim with a regular PS4 or PS4 Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back