Which custom IEM to get?
Sep 16, 2008 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Nugwin

100+ Head-Fier
I've been looking around for reasonably priced custom IEM's and I've encountered:

Control Freq
Freq of Nature
Super Freq
Livewires

I want these just to listen on the go/bus and I was wondering if the Control Freq's were sufficient? They are the cheapest. I listen to all kinds of music so an all rounder IEM would be the best.

Sep 16, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #2 of 12
With customs, you can hear almost every part of the music even on-the-go, because they isolate you from all outside noise. Therefore, the differences will be more audible than with normal earphones and headphones.

I'm not all that well-informed about the Freqs, but I suggest getting the biggest one you feel comfortable spending your money at. There's always an upgrade and stopping yourself is key. I'd say get the second-tier, multiple drivers do add something, so whatever their dual-driver model is, get that.

Sep 16, 2008 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 12
Pardon me, but what is UM4? Never heard or seen it before. Maybe you are referring to the Westone 3 which have not release yet.

Sep 16, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #5 of 12
UM4,mmmh. It is made by a diyer from China. He imports the same units for UE11 and put them into his own custom IEMs called UM4. The sounding is very nice, which is tuned on the big-ear like machine borrowed from the company he worked for. The price, according to the fancy material used, is only about US$350. that would worth a try.

"I'm not all that well-informed about the Freqs, but I suggest getting the biggest one you feel comfortable spending your money at."
Thats the most import thing.

Sep 17, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

It is made by a diyer from China. He imports the same units for UE11 and put them into his own custom IEMs called UM4.

HIGHLY doubtable. UE uses proprietary drivers from Knowles that are exclusive to them.

Sep 17, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #9 of 12
Livewires...they are amazing. And this is coming from someone who has owned all the top rated IEMS

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #12 of 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back