Which credit card do you use the most?
Mar 1, 2004 at 10:47 PM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by rycet
Among my credit cards, I used the amazon credit card the most. I bought a lot of stuff from amazon and it's just nice to get some gift certificate to buy more cd's
biggrin.gif

I just got one of these - before that I had gotten an LL Bean card when I was younger with my mom's credit card number, and then got my own LL Bean one. I just got the Amazon one a couple weeks ago, and I'm going to start using that. I think I got a $4000 credit line or so.

Mar 1, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Pielet
Debit card scares me because if you lose it, (and someone usues it) you will never get your money back because it comes straight from your account. You can dispute charges on a credit card.

I've had a couple of disputes with my BOA/Visa debit card and have had the money credited to my account in a timely manner. I've never lost my card...and I don't plan to! I do use credit cards occasionally, but I usually pay the entire balance upon receipt of bill. I will not expose myself to credit card debt again.

My 3 and 1/2 ex-wive's charging habits have made me a very careful man...

wink.gif

Mar 2, 2004 at 1:08 AM Post #18 of 37
My Visa Electron debit card, but it really sucks because hardly anywhere accepts it so I have to go to a cash point to get the money out first
frown.gif

Oh well, I don't really have any other options untill I'm 18...

Mar 2, 2004 at 7:14 AM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by darkfusion
My Visa Electron debit card, but it really sucks because hardly anywhere accepts it so I have to go to a cash point to get the money out first
frown.gif

Oh well, I don't really have any other options untill I'm 18...

I don't know about the UK, but here in the US most merchants that I know of will accept them so long as they can be swiped through the card reader and are signed. But if they can't then the card can't be imprinted so they can't accept them. Although I don't think any US card issuer has these cards I have seen numerous foreign visitors with them. One Mexican visitor in the store I work at had a mini-version which I thought was pretty cool, looked much better than my Discover 2Go card.

Mar 2, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #23 of 37
I use a Visa Gold card because of the various benefits (e.g. purchase protection, product warranty extension, fraud protection, etc.). If I can't use Visa for some reason, then I have a Mastercard Platinum. Then there's my bank debit card and cheques, of course. But, I try to use my Visa exclusively for all of my purchases unless I run into someone who will deal only in cash/money orders/etc. (e.g. many Head-Fiers).

Quote:

Originally posted by stuartr
If you tell me your card number, I will tell you which card I use the most...

580smile.gif
No problem, Stuart. Would you like the expiry date and security code from the back, too?
wink.gif

D.

Mar 2, 2004 at 5:35 PM Post #24 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by donovansmith
I don't know about the UK, but here in the US most merchants that I know of will accept them so long as they can be swiped through the card reader and are signed. But if they can't then the card can't be imprinted so they can't accept them. Although I don't think any US card issuer has these cards I have seen numerous foreign visitors with them. One Mexican visitor in the store I work at had a mini-version which I thought was pretty cool, looked much better than my Discover 2Go card.

Well, with Visa electron isn't commonly accepted because the store have to pay a bigger fee to Visa, to get the money. Futhermore, if the store wants the money earlier then 14 days (I think) after the purchase, they'll have to pay an extra fee.

-->darkfusion
I'm <18 years old and I got Visa. You just have to get your parrents and financial adviser to sign a contract, which says your a responsible young man
wink.gif
Just dont mention your a head-fi....

Mar 2, 2004 at 7:48 PM Post #25 of 37
REI VISA... with a 1% cashback on all purchases, it's a pretty standard cashback bonus for cashback VISA cards.. Though I'd much prefer using my credit union's VISA, they won't approve me for a 'Gold' card (which has cashback). Oh well.

I'd like one of those 5% Amex cards, but I don't have a legitimate small business... yet.
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2004 at 11:22 PM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by Demolition

580smile.gif
No problem, Stuart. Would you like the expiry date and security code from the back, too?
wink.gif

D.

That would be expedient.....

By the way, am I the only person who uses Amex here? They have much better rewards than my Visa....I suppose it is not really a credit card though...

Mar 3, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #28 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by stuartr
That would be expedient.....

By the way, am I the only person who uses Amex here? They have much better rewards than my Visa....I suppose it is not really a credit card though...

They do have some true credit cards, but most are charge cards. I've applied for their Blue card since it is suppossed to have some excellent benefits, but was turned down since my income is too low.

Mar 3, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #29 of 37
Use my BB&T Visa Check Card the most, use my Paypal Visa (which is not the greatest deal out there) for balances that I need to carry from month to month. I have an Amex but I never use it -- make a few small purchases a month with it just to keep my credit looking healthy.

--Chris

Mar 3, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #30 of 37
I'm 18 with 2 credit cards and a total of $2200 in credit. One for $500 from Cap one and 1 Bank of America Visa and $1000 MBNA. I haven't been the smartest with them, but I am getting the balance down. Upon recommendation I got my balance over half way and have been paying over the minimum payments to build credit, I was told by some this was a good way to build, by others that it was not.
I'm just going to pay them both off within the next 2-3 months. I don't want to hurt my credit at all, I've heard too many horror stories. How does one hurt their credit? Going over the limit, missing payments, paying only the minumum payments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back