Which connector is best in terms signal transfer? 6.3mm vs 4-Pin vs 4.4mm vs. 2.5mm
Oct 19, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #2 of 9
4 pin XLR can not make under any circumstances shortcut. All the other have a risiko by pulling out/inserting

All of the non-balanced cables have sub-optimal earth connection by connecting the two earths mostly at the “Y” splitter.

I would say 4 PIN XLR or dual 3 PIN XLR ist the best.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 9
Just trying to resurrect this thread: So what’s the best 4 pin XLR connector out there please? I’ve just got Artisan Silver Cables N’th Degree NCF Edition pure silver balanced interconnect cables and the improvement over the previous version is clearly noticeable. I think the only difference is the connectors but I can’t find a 4 pin XLR NCF version. Does anyone know if Furutech makes a 4 pin XLR NCF version? If not, what’s the best 4 pin XLR connector available please?

Also looking for 3,5mm jacks for my HE1000 Stealth. What are the best please? These are my “end game” headphones and I’m trying to get the absolute best out of them. Currently using Artisan Silver Cables upgrade cable which has great synergy - massive improvement in all areas, just as there was with my old HE560, but the connectors are all relatively basic Neutrik. If the connectors made such an improvement on their interconnect cables, I guess they should make a similar improvement on the headphone cable? So, which are the absolute best connectors you can get please? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dec 19, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #6 of 9
Sorry, I’ll start a new thread. Haven’t been here in a long time. Cheers

Dec 20, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #8 of 9
These Eidolic are really good and much nicer to work with than the Furutech, I'm not sure about this fascination with Rhodium as the solder never seems to stick properly where as with gold plated it makes a perfect connection every time https://www.cosmic-cables.co.uk/product-page/eidolic-4-pin-xlr-1
Thanks for that. They look like quality plugs. Think I’ll give them a try.

I’m not an expert but I believe it’s to do with Rhodium’s extreme resistance to oxidation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back