Which computer speakers should i buy?
Aug 12, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #46 of 48

Quote:
Also I want to plug Magnepan. If you are able to, at least go and listen to some. Even the middle of
the road Maggies are amazing! They are to this day still considered one of the best bang for buck
purchases. Not so much desktop speakers, but I'm just saying...

If I bought a new pair of speakers today it'd probably be the MMGs - $600, everybody loves them, and a great return policy if you don't like 'em.  Hardly anything to lose, really.

But if you're willing to go used, $600 will go so much farther...  I saw a pair of Infinity (yeah, I'm a fanatic) RS 2.5 speakers go for just $400 on eBay, in perfect condition.  You'd have to spend thousands today to even come close to those.  If I was within a two-day round trip drive of those I would have gotten them.

Aug 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #47 of 48

Quote:
You say it is a fact that they will fail without a doubt. Mine has yet to fail. I still wonder what sounds better than the BX5a at $200

Yeah, I have had mine for awhile now, and no problems. 

Aug 13, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #48 of 48
No, what I said was they would have to be replaced sooner rather
than later as the reality of cheap speakers would set in.
At 200 I'd put almost any two year old gently used speaker against them, without a doubt.
I've had those exact speakers, they are what they are, and compared to speakers which can be
had for just a little more money are easily shown to be so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back