which computer speakers -200€ ?
Dec 19, 2014 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Sinik

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, i'm looking for quality computer speakers under 200€ for a pair.

these should be connected through usb to my laptop.

i want a 2.0 system, as i would need this for office use.

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #3 of 15
Hello fellow countryman!

I have very good experiences with speakers from Teufel Audio. At the moment they have a pair on sale that fits right in your budget, the Teufel Audio Motiv B. Check their website.
wink.gif
 You can hook them up via a regular cable with 3,5mm jacks. No USB needed.

I have a pair of speakers from this brand that I like a lot, the Concept B 200 USB. They are discontinued though. Best 2.0 PC-speakers I've heard to date for €200.

Teufel Audio offers great support and very long warranty (max. 12 years!).

Dec 20, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 15
If I absolutely had to restrict myself to E200 I'd look atthe Samson or Fostex ranges. Probably one of these.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fostex_fostex_pm04d_grey.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/samson_media_one_5a.htm

E200 isn't a good choice of price point though. If one could possibly stretch to E300 then the options and quality goes up a notch.

Mackie MR5, Yamaha HS5, JBL LSR305, ADAM A3X or F5 etc all start to become serious possibilities.

Whilst E200 doesn't really get you much more than E100. Sorry to say if you are skint atm :frowning2:

ed: rd, added link

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #6 of 15
Hello, thanks everyone for your help,

the jbl lsr305 are not an option, these are too big, 30 cm height + 25cm depth is too big. and price is too expensive too

Teufel Audio Motiv B. these look really good, i also really like the little dimensions, but they cost 250 wich is a little more than expected, i'll have to think on this :)

If I absolutely had to restrict myself to E200 I'd look atthe Samson or Fostex ranges. Probably one of these.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fostex_fostex_pm04d_grey.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/samson_media_one_5a.htm

E200 isn't a good choice of price point though. If one could possibly stretch to E300 then the options and quality goes up a notch.

Mackie MR5, Yamaha HS5, JBL LSR305, ADAM A3X or F5 etc all start to become serious possibilities.

Whilst E200 doesn't really get you much more than E100. Sorry to say if you are skint atm :frowning2:

ed: rd, added link

the Fostex PM04.d  don't have the same nice look as the teufel, i know i'm on an audiophile forum, but i'd like these speakers to look good as well as having a good sq :) this put aside, they are around my requested price range, the dimensions are a bit bigger than the teufel, but it's still really ok, this is definetely an option

Samson Media One 5a these are really cheap, wich is nice, but the dimensions are big (like the hs5) so this kind of sucks... and the sq is probably not as good as speakers wich are twice more expensive, i guess...

from the more expensive one you listed, most are too expensive (around 200€ each) i like the yamaha hs5 but don't think it's worth it, knowing i will only be able to play music at a "good" volume when most people have left the office :) also i don't like that they are so big (28cm height) these would be good for home use, but i don't need that.

about the Taga Harmony Platinum One, amp is not an option, don't have the room to put an amp there + it would cost more and i don't know where i could find these speakers anyways.

so i think i have to choose between the Fostex PM04.d and Teufel Audio Motiv B... pretty hard to make a choice :D i'll be thinking about this. 

please, if anyone has other options that could be interesting me, tell me

these are the things i'm looking for:

height under or around 20cm
price close to 200€
active speakers (amp is not an option)
good looks is a + but not required

Dec 25, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #7 of 15
Hi Sinik! You should have checked the Teufel website 5 days ago: there was a €50 discount for the Motiv B!
frown.gif
 I mentioned them here because they were within your budget at that time of speaking.

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #8 of 15
oh **** :frowning2:

Dec 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #9 of 15
Sorry about that, Sinik! Maybe I should have stressed the discount in my post.
redface.gif

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #10 of 15
Hello, happy new year!

teufel audio makes a 15% on their products until tomorrow, so i bought them :) i'm happy i waited that long.

i should get them by friday!

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #11 of 15
  Hello, happy new year!

teufel audio makes a 15% on their products until tomorrow, so i bought them :) i'm happy i waited that long.

i should get them by friday!

Happy new year to you too, Sinik!

Great to hear you were able to buy them with a discount in the end.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope you enjoy the sound of these little marvels! Do post your impressions in this thread. I look forward to reading them.
wink.gif
​   

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #13 of 15
Genelec makes excellent (active) speakers. I don't think you could find a new pair of 6010 speakers for €200 however. A quick websearch indicates that they are discontinued in our region too.

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #14 of 15
Hello, indeed it's too late, i have received them today, i'm very happy with them!

i haven't really been able to listen to them at a higher volume yet, i'll be working late today so i can listen to them at a higher volume.

(please keep in mind i've never had "quality" speakers other than my home cinema at home which i rarely use for music anyways. other than that i've had logitech **** etc.)

my first impressions at low volume are: sounds very detailed, open, a little lack of bass, but then again i'm not listing at a high volume at all. listening to house music is very very pleasant now, i didn't really like to listen to my house music with my everyday headphones (dt 770 pro) which are very bassy (which i like love for other kinds of music!)

note: they are connected to my aune T1, i had to put the volume on the very minimum to not disturb my colleagues. :D

i tried using the Bluetooth function, i'll never be able to do that because the volume is too loud, even on the lowest possible setting on my iPod.

edit: definetely no lack of bass at higher volume! this is perfect for me, exactly what i was looking for :) maybe i'll update my impressions in about a week.
reedit: well there is a lack of bass at higher volume in the end, it just depends in which music genre, bass heavy music like Hardcore, especially Hardstyle, has a lack of bass.

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #15 of 15
Nice to hear you like your new toys, Sinik! Keep those impressions comin'.
biggrin.gif

Have fun rediscovering your music!
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back