Which components do you regret selling?
Feb 1, 2023 at 6:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

malenak

100+ Head-Fier
Regardless of the age or price of the components, which ones you regret selling in the past? I think if we regret selling some of the products, then they were very likely very good ones. Otherwise, we would not regret selling them. And I am curious about these.
I'll start with these:

Audio-gd R2R11
IMG_0316.jpeg

Hifiman HE6se V2
IMG_0104.jpeg

Feb 1, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #2 of 10
I don't actually regret selling anything. Without an infinite budget, the only way I can fund new gear is by selling what I don't use.

There are certain things I've repurchased because I was curious how they would sound with different gear... the HE6SE v2 is one of those, the HD800S was another. And I've owned the Denon D7200 three times.

But in every case, "no ragrets."

Mar 6, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 10
I regretted selling my aic10, but I got another one.

I regretted selling my abyss tc, but I got another one.

This is why I have no funds saved for my kids college.

Oh well.

Mar 6, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #5 of 10
I don't actually regret selling anything. Without an infinite budget, the only way I can fund new gear is by selling what I don't use.

There are certain things I've repurchased because I was curious how they would sound with different gear... the HE6SE v2 is one of those, the HD800S was another. And I've owned the Denon D7200 three times.

But in every case, "no ragrets."
It's 'regurts.'

This. If I kept every headphone I liked I'd never be able to move on to other gear to try. I've also owned the he6se a couple times, the quad era 1, the he-500, the emu teak, focal clear, and the hd600 each a couple times. Some headphones are great and I want to have them, but they don't always get enough head time to justify keeping when you have other gear that may work a bit better.

Mar 6, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #6 of 10
It's 'regurts.'

This. If I kept every headphone I liked I'd never be able to move on to other gear to try. I've also owned the he6se a couple times, the quad era 1, the he-500, the emu teak, focal clear, and the hd600 each a couple times. Some headphones are great and I want to have them, but they don't always get enough head time to justify keeping when you have other gear that may work a bit better.
I actually stopped to find the holly grail of headphones. I just change the way how I enjoy this hobby. I really enjoy the time, when I have something new and I am listening to it for the first days. Then, after a few weeks I become used to it and then I always start to find, what next to try. :L3000:

May 2, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #8 of 10
I regret selling my Sennheiser 595 w/ Pocket Amp V2. This was my original setup when I found HeadFi. I sold it to a friend tho and he got a lot of usage out of it, years.

Regret getting rid of my Gilmore Lite and my Sony MDR-SA5000. I decided the SA5000 sound signature wasn't for me so I got rid of it. They are rare these days I wish I hung onto it. The SA5000 had a bad solder job on them so mine was resoldered by a professional electronics repairman.

Funny I told the guy I sold the SA5000 too it was kinda dirty and a bit scratched up NOT 10/10 before I sold them to him..............he refused to give me a good review because they were dirty and used............just like I said they were.. I guess I should have washed them down good with some non-abrasive cleaner before I sold them but I was afraid of damaging the housing.

May 2, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #9 of 10
ALO Continental Dual Mono, nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back