Which CMOY AMP?
Jul 6, 2005 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

DaHoboFest

Banned
I need help deciding on cmoys, this is not for portable, but for mainly home, so a wall jack is important.

i got 4 offers, 3 look good

first one, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESO%3AIT&rd=1

for $45 shipped

second one,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=rvi:1:1v_home

for $55 shipped
I don't need volume, because i have a volume adjuster on my mp3
looks more durable, and has a reliable seller.

3rd one,

http://www.twinstarr.com/twinstarr_blue_cmoy.htm

i can get for $50 shipped

3 players

with volume, no wall jack- $45 shipped

no volume, with wall jack, looks very nice, 1 year warranty, good service- $55 shipped

with volume, no wall jack, looks nice, used- $50 shipped.

Jul 6, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 24
The first one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 24
UPDATE:

it would cost $70 to get the amp wit hthe plugin, so no deal.

choices are now, $45 shipped with volume, $55 shipped, durable, nothing sticking out, $50 volume, looks more durable than choice #1.

Jul 6, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #9 of 24
I would just go to the DIY forums, scout around until you see someone finish up a cmoy they just practiced on, and offer them a bit more than cost to take it off their hands. oh, and since you then know the builder, they can tweak it the way you like with options, opamps, etc.

Jul 6, 2005 at 6:19 PM Post #12 of 24
please, I don't know much, I'm leaning towards the 2nd and 3rd choice,

2nd, because it looks durable, and the dealer said he will have to me by tuesday, which is what I need

3rd, because it's retail is $90, and from the quote above...

Jul 6, 2005 at 6:19 PM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajt976
I'd say look at the parts that they used to build it. See what they used to make it, that's what I would do at least.

but I don't know anything, so can you help me?
confused.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #14 of 24
sry for the new post, I want to make it clearer

Choice #2-The amp features the popular BurrBrown OPA2227 which operates very clean. The power caps are Cornell Dubilier SMD 1000uF to provide excellent bass response. The headphone jacks are gold plated Kobiconn Surface Mount style jacks. The rocker style switch I chose for unique style and color match to the enclosure and with the low profile, it does not stick far out from the case like the toggle style switches (which I found can break off). The front panel has professionally silk screened graphics and a bright diffused Red LED.

Choice #3-Internally the amplifier uses high quality parts for great sound, 100nF MKM2 WIMA coupling capacitors, 470uF Panasonic NHG power capacitors and 1% Vishay Dale metal film resistors. The op-amp is mounted on a gold plated high reliability IC socket to allow for changes while "chip-rolling". The front panel is wired to the circuit board using solid core wire for maximum conductivity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back