Which closed headphones should I opt for in the 300-400$~ range?
Oct 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kowaqt

New Head-Fier
Hi friends!

I'm looking for a great pair of closed headphones, since I am sharing my living room with other people. I currently own a pair of Sennheiser HD 598, but since they are completely open, it gets annoying in the long run in these surroundings. I am mainly going to plug them into my stationary PC/laptop. 

I've had a look at the http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide - but I'm still puzzled. Since the Sennheiser HD 598 is quite low on the bass, I would like to try something new. I listen to a lot of different genres, mostly rock though. Namedropping just a few: Alter Bridge, D-A-D, Death Cab for Cutie, Radiohead, Ellie Goulding etc!

Anyways, I'm looking for high comfortability (since I'll be wearing them for extended sessions, lets say 10 hours+), slightly bass heavy (mostly for rock) and of course a great soundstage.

I do not currently own an amp, so I prefer if it's not requirement. But I might be open to buy one as well, if you can convince :>

My budget is by no means set in stone - I don't mind paying even more, if I can get a product that fits my needs perfectly.

Oh, I live in Europe, so it must be headphones that are available here. I had a guy recommending me MrSpeakers Mad Dog headphones on reddit/headphones, and while they look amazing, they seem to be next to impossible to come by in Europe. 

That's all.

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #3 of 3
you must be Euro if you know D.A.D.>great band!

Bass heavy phones are usually light in mids,and you really wanna hear DAD with the vocals and guitar subdued?!?

Check KEF500...love them...and no amp needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back