Which closed headphone: AKG 271, HD 25-1, Ultrasone 650, Beyer 660 or Beyer 250-80?
Jan 24, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #16 of 24
The DT250-250s I just baught aren't large and clunky, isolate reasonably well and sound pretty clear (compared to my old Koss UR20)
And they also run pretty well unamped.

Jan 25, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #17 of 24
The problem I had with the Sony's is that the band has springs in it. The larger your head, the greater the force pushing back against your head. Do the 271s have a spring in them or do they lock in place?

Jan 25, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #18 of 24
Thanks for the replies so far as they have been very helpful to me.

I've also found some information on the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro and the Sony V6, which are both cheaper than the other headphones listed. How would these two compare to the others soundwise?

On Ebay Germany I have also found the Ultrasone HFI 15G or HFI 500. Do these sound worse than the HFI 650?

Also, are there any other headphones I should also consider?

Sorry for the many questions and thanks again for your help.

Jan 25, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #19 of 24
I read that the K271s are spring loaded, and thus I am concerned that I will have the same problem with them crushing my giant mellon. The A900s also look like they have this spring loading, autofit feature, which stinks because these were the two that looked most appealing in terms of what I was looking for. The Ultrasones and the Senns apparently squeeze much more than others. Might be time to consider canal phones again. (Or an open design and hope I don't bother too many people.)

Jan 25, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #20 of 24
Team big head has no problem with the K271S... check my sig.
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
That's a hell of a lot of recommendations with knowing where you're going to use the headphones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayerdynamic
After having settled on my home setup, I'm looking for a closed portable headphone for unamped and amped use with an old Porta Corda (white colour). I will mainly use the headphone unamped but also occasionally amped.

I think that is pretty clear.
tongue.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 10:52 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayerdynamic
On Ebay Germany I have also found the Ultrasone HFI 15G or HFI 500. Do these sound worse than the HFI 650?

That is what I would like to know too! I have recently bought a pair of the HFI 15 G which looked pretty portable to me.
eggosmile.gif

As soon as this goodie will arrive I may post some first impressions on it. Btw: I believe the HFI 15 to be an open headphone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back