Which CIEM would you recommend for Rap/HipHop use ?
Mar 26, 2015 at 3:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

nzouF

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi people,

This question might sound silly to some but hey, i would like to have something i can use everywhere, headphones are nice but i can't use them everywhere..
In the near future i would like to change my shure se215 for some ciems, i listen mostly to Rap/HipHop.

The sound signature of the se215 is nice and i'm looking for something with the same amount of bass (or close to it) with clearer mids and highs.
What would you recommend ? Noble audio recommended me the 3c or 5c, i would like to have more options !

Cheers,

ps: if this thread is in the wrong place, please accept my apologies !

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 17
I'm a bit worry about the high impedance of the one you recommend but thanks for the heads up ! I didn't know that brand at all !
The PS2 (from them) on the other hand, might be a good choice, cheap, custom and with removable cables, i'm only worried about the sound quality.

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #4 of 17
You shouldn't be worried. I spoke with owners that push them from nexus 5 smartphone. I myself ordered them and will use it from lg tablet.

You can add removable cable to the ss, and they plenty of bass compare to a dual ba

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #8 of 17
The Crankmaster 5000 hands down!

http://alclair.com/product/crankmaster-custom-in-ear-monitor/

Apr 1, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #10 of 17
nzouF, check out the perfect-seal thread here

There's reviews by Average Joe from headphonelist as well as impressions from a few people, myself included. I absolutely love my sportbud silver. Perfect-Seal was great to work with and the price is definitely right for your first dive into customs. Let me know if you have any questions.

Apr 1, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #11 of 17
I'm a bit worry about the high impedance of the one you recommend but thanks for the heads up ! I didn't know that brand at all !
The PS2 (from them) on the other hand, might be a good choice, cheap, custom and with removable cables, i'm only worried about the sound quality.

I forgot to address this. I am driving my Sportbud Silver from the Verizon Sony Z3V which is notorious for it's terrible output volume. I can not turn the volume up all the way without severely hurting my ears. These should be plenty easy to drive from almost any source.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #15 of 17
  Hello Head-Fi people,

This question might sound silly to some but hey, i would like to have something i can use everywhere, headphones are nice but i can't use them everywhere..
In the near future i would like to change my shure se215 for some ciems, i listen mostly to Rap/HipHop.

The sound signature of the se215 is nice and i'm looking for something with the same amount of bass (or close to it) with clearer mids and highs.
What would you recommend ? Noble audio recommended me the 3c or 5c, i would like to have more options !

Cheers,

ps: if this thread is in the wrong place, please accept my apologies !

I would wait a bit more and have a look at the new coming from from thecustomart: 3 ways, bass-oriented for USD300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back