Which Chord DAC is right for me?
Aug 31, 2016 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ufospls2

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey All,

I own a Mojo. I'm in the beginning stages of putting together a new desktop system for my headphones, and I'm a bit stuck with what DAC to get. I would like to go with Chord, but I'm not sure which product I should go for, or if there is one that is right for my needs at all. I can't afford DAVE. I don't need a headphone amp, but I would like XLR outputs if possible. the 2qute looks like a good little DAC, but it doesn't have XLR outputs. The Hugo TT has XLR outputs, but you are paying extra for the headphone amp, which I don't need. 

I was looking at a QBD76 HDSD used, which would be less $ than the HUGO TT. The problem is, I use a Macbook Pro, which has El Capitan installed. I would have to go back to using Yosemite to be able to use the QBD76 HDSD and doing that is a pain, and would cause other problems. 

I could just use my Mojo as my desktop DAC, but I really would like to buy a dedicated system DAC and keep my Mojo for portable/transportable use. 

Should I just give up on the idea of using a Chord DAC? How much better does the Hugo TT sound vs. the 2Qute?

Thanks for the help. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back