Which Canalphone / IEM has a J-Cord?
Mar 10, 2008 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BP4k

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

had a thread a while ago asking about some JVC headphones ... I decided to save the money and go for something else, up to 70€.
I have been looking at the ER6i, UM1, FX300 from JVC, Sennheiser CX95, and some others.

One question is, however, still unanswered and not always apparent to me when I read a review ... do these headphones have a J-Cord or Y-Cord, because I would prefer a J-Cord a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 7
Er6i and Um1 don't, I'm pretty sure. The Cx95's don't, but my CX300's did have one. Sennheiser site has that info under tech data.

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 7
None you mention have a J-cord. Once you go higher up there are no more J-cords, they are all Y.

Mar 11, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
None you mention have a J-cord. Once you go higher up there are no more J-cords, they are all Y.

That's a pitty to hear, but why is that?
I sometimes listen just with one earplug in my ear, with a J-Cord this is much more compfortable than with a Y-Cord, where the earphone will be dangling on the cable only being held by the other earphone. Hope that's somewhat understandable
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #6 of 7
In before the audiophile horror at one-eared listening on expensive IEMs.

But I wish my SF5P was J-cord too. makes it easier to hang round the neck in between listening and talking to people. Mine (and also Shure) have a toggle and you can kind of adjust into a J shape but it's not quite good enough for round the back of the neck hanging.

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by riChchestMat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In before the audiophile horror at one-eared listening on expensive IEMs.

But I wish my SF5P was J-cord too. makes it easier to hang round the neck in between listening and talking to people. Mine (and also Shure) have a toggle and you can kind of adjust into a J shape but it's not quite good enough for round the back of the neck hanging.

sorry about the horror thing, meant it more like u say with hanging around the neck while people actually try to talk to you
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back