Which Canal Phones for iPod?
Feb 7, 2005 at 1:09 AM Post #16 of 25
Aw, don't waste time with aeriyn's post. Doesn't know beans about what he's talking about! Ety's are the way to go!
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Kidding aeriyn! Just funnin'.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Just felt like a little "duel"....Shure vs. Ety.

Feb 7, 2005 at 3:23 PM Post #17 of 25
I have realized that even with all the reply's I've gotten the only way to really decide which headphones would be better for me is to try them out myself. Now the only problem I have is to find a place to test out the ER-6i's and the E3c's side by side, whithout having to buy them, and then return them (I plan on getting them from an online retailer once I decide). The only place I've seen Shure's is the Apple Store and you can't try them out. I have never seen Etymotics other than on the internet. I live in Minnesota and I would like to find something that was near St.Paul/Minneapolis, probably a large chain that would be a reputable place to get a good teset. I think I have heard Guitar Center? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Feb 8, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
You mean "what she's talking about"
wink.gif

Did you stop to think that maybe KenW knows something we don't? "She" does seem to do a good job of picking out the most attractive of avatars...

Feb 8, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hase
Did you stop to think that maybe KenW knows something we don't? "She" does seem to do a good job of picking out the most attractive of avatars...

Read my disclaimer and ye shall learn much. I'd actually put the common word for it in my sig, but Jude would likely make me change it.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2005 at 9:20 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hase
Did you stop to think that maybe KenW knows something we don't?

so you're saying i dont know whether aeriyn is a girl or boy?
redface.gif

Feb 14, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

but now I found a place to get the Shure E3c's for $100

Where did you find the e3c's for only $100. I'm trying to decide between the e2c's and the e3c's, and price is one of my main concerns. The lowest I've found the e3c's for is $120. That's twice as much as the e2c's. If there's truly a place where e3c's are only $100, I might go for them.

Feb 21, 2005 at 8:02 AM Post #25 of 25
I agree with getting the E2Cs. The E3Cs have more precision at the highs and teh lows, but they have much less 'atmosphereic' bass, if that makes any sense. The notes are tight, but sound attenuated, while the E2Cs have slightly muddy lows which feel more expansive. Add to that the iPod's drop off at lower frequencies, and you should be aiming for the stronger, more pronounced bass. I've used both for several months each and think the E3Cs come across as treble-y, making them less than ideal for techno/house/industrial. Great for jazz/rock. I went with the E2Cs and have no regrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back