Which cables for custom
May 28, 2010 at 1:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

slickooz

100+ Head-Fier
I'm going to audiologist tomorrow to get impressions. Now I have to decide which cable to get when i re shell UE TF-10. I was thinking about going with either Westone es cable or the UE custom cables. Both are about 40 each. How are the Fisher cable? I wanted to go with black because I have read that the clear cables will turn green. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

May 28, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #2 of 5
I'm in exactly the same boat, only I already own a Westone ES cable. The Fisher cable isn't half as good - I had a clear one and a pin broke.

Mine is black for the same reason, but maybe brown or beige would be nice, depending on your shell colour. I have black hair and wear it (Westone cable) behind my head and down my back, so they are very discreet.

Will reshell with UM when my audiologist (the one who quoted me) comes back from holiday.

I would like clear shells but because they may look dirty after a while, I'll go for something else.

May 28, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks aameerp. Just came back from the office and they came out perfect. It took two tries though. ill post pics up later. Probably going to pick Westone es black cable. Its been over a week since i heard my tf-10 because my dog chew up the cables. I hope there nothing wrong with the speakers.

May 28, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 5
I definitely recommend the Westone cable for comfort - it's extremely flexible and lightweight, but is strong too.

I used Westone IEMs (almost exactly same cable) for a long time, and the only think that was affected by years of use was the slider, which became loose. I wore them behind the ear (i.e. over and down my back) with the slider on the back of my neck.

The Westone ES cable is only slightly different (better I think) in that there is a bit of memory wire near the part that loops over the ear, to ensure a good fit without the slider or if you want the cable to go over your ear but come out at the front.

Hope this makes sense.

It's also cheaper than most other cables if you're in the US (or if you can get it locally anywhere else without excessive shipping charges - like I did)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back