Which Cables For AV-710 + Entech 203.2 Setup?
Dec 2, 2006 at 2:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Rakukojin

Head-Fier
eggosmile.gif

Dec 2, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #2 of 7
I also have a similar set up, but I have the Senn HD595 headphones. The Entech 203.2 sounds great. You won't be disappointed.

You'll need an optical cable to connect the AV-710 to the Entech 203.2. A good place to get them is Blue Jean Cables (the one in the middle of this page. They have high quality cables with great prices.

Your headphones wouldn't be able to connect directly to the 203.2. Somewhere between them you'll need an amp (I currently use a receiver). Between the 203.2 and the amp you'll need a RCA-to-mini cable (or RCA-to-RCA, depending on the amp). You can email Blue Jean Cables and ask them about it (it's not listed on their website).

Dec 3, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rakukojin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I don't have an amp to put in between the DAC and headphones, what cable can I use to connect them? I'm asking because many people said that ATH-A700 doesn't benefit much from having an amp.

The RCA connectors in the back of the 203.2 is line-out. You would not be able to adjust volume and it would be too loud if you plug headphones directly into it without an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back