Which cable for Imod to Hornet
Jul 31, 2007 at 7:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

tom10167

100+ Head-Fier
I'm a nub when it comes to all this, on ALO's site cables seem to come in either two plug or one. Which do I need? What's the difference?

This crap is REALLY expensive! :O

Jul 31, 2007 at 8:49 AM Post #4 of 11
Yup, only iMod-specified cables can be used with the iMod.

Oh, and hopefully once you listen to the iMod properly, you won't be calling it "crap" anymore.
wink.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #5 of 11
Yep. And once you get to know whats involved, and consider that people have to make a living out of it, it's really not that expensive. Plus, you can't buy it anywhere else. Considering he has the market cornered Kens prices aren't that bad.

Sure you could technically make it cheaper yourself, but could you?

You will love the imod I'm sure. Mine is on the way too!

Jul 31, 2007 at 9:02 AM Post #6 of 11
Well put, stevenkelby.
smily_headphones1.gif

And to the OP, I just noticed something. In your sig, you have a Tomahawk. But in this topic title, you state a Hornet. Hopefully you are not buying a Hornet just for the iMod?
blink.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #7 of 11
Really expensive in a way but well worth it. And frankly competitive with higher priced CD players. Feel free to get a 4G used. Some will probably be selling them to get 5.5G. The 4G is pretty much as good unless you like splitting hairs

Jul 31, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #8 of 11
I was planning on getting a 'Hawk but the buyer fell through and I didn't change my sig back.

I'm talking to someone about a Hornet. I figure if I ever go to full-size phones the Hornet will work better.

I am ampless.

And penniless!
frown.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #9 of 11
Since I already made yet another horrible topic, why are the Imod Cryo jumbos cheaper than the regular Jumbo cryo? Aren't there like fancy caps or something in them?

Jul 31, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #10 of 11
22-gauge ordinary is $85; 18-gauge ordinary is $145; 22-gauge imod version is $110. No idea why the gauge matters.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #11 of 11
if you want to save money, get the female imod dock and ask a DIY cable maker here to make you a mini to mini cable. depending on the person, you can get a mini to mini cable for as cheap as $20...

you can't do away with the ALO imod dock, so that part of the cost you gotta spend. as far as the actual cables are concern, start with a cheap one. the difference isn't THAT dramatic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back