which cable company is good for AKG-K1000?
Sep 21, 2008 at 3:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

capeta

Banned
Hi everyone,
I am planning to recable my FUTURE AKG-K1000
o2smile.gif

I also know that different cable company will make the AKG-K1000 sound different. Therefore, I want to tell everyone my taste of music " large soundstage, detail, airy, image, emotional "

1.Basing on these , which cable company(apuresound, Stephand Audio Art, Moon Audio, ...) should i consider?

2.I want to either do a one single 4pin XLR or balance XLR for the K1000.
Between the two, which one will produce better sound?

Thanks for your help
dt880smile.png
dt880smile.png

Sep 21, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 5
think about a proper amp before the cable, I myself am having an incredibly hard time deciding on what kind of preamp and power amp to use with my k1000s

Sep 21, 2008 at 7:00 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoPants /img/forum/go_quote.gif
think about a proper amp before the cable, I myself am having an incredibly hard time deciding on what kind of preamp and power amp to use with my k1000s

Thanks for your advise but I don't think i need to worry about the amp and source now because mines are pretty good for the AKG-K1000

Sep 21, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #4 of 5
People have their preferences. I personally like apuresound. The quality is fantastic, and the cables are silver plated copper, so you get a very happy medium between the silver and copper sound. He also offers many customization options for connectors, plugs, and sleevings

Sep 21, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #5 of 5
i am a v3 customer myself but am thinking perhaps you may be in preference of moon audio's silver dragon

definitely do a lottt of looking around on reports of all of the cabling options, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back