which budget hedphones for sound design? :)
Dec 7, 2014 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

brawl

New Head-Fier
hello friends, I have started to study sound design for cinema (indy). 
what I wish is to ear all the frequencies. sometimes I have to create sounds on low frequencies, for example the sound could be all here (try to imagine the sound of an hydrogen bomb test): 

can you suggest to me a budget headphone that can help me to hear all the frequencies as possible please? with them I will shape my sound creations, and if it is possible I will also try to mix the film with those headphones. 
if possible can you suggest to me also hedphones in the mid/high price range? the problem is that I have not the money but maybe one day I will! :)

thanks a lot for your help! :)

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 7
I have the hd 681 evo and they served me quite well. They sound good right out of the box. A great thing about them is that they have a fantastic driver and with some mods you can turn them into a neutral beast.

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 7
  I have the hd 681 evo and they served me quite well. They sound good right out of the box. A great thing about them is that they have a fantastic driver and with some mods you can turn them into a neutral beast.

thx for help wafflezz, is the brand "superlux"? where can I find the tutorial how to mod them please? 

Dec 8, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 7
KRK KNS 8400 is a great start.

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #5 of 7
I'm selling my KNS 8400.  If you're interested, PM me :)

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 7
In-ear monitors will give you the low freq's quite clear. For example I own Audio Technica ATH-M50X and Sony MDR-XB50AP, and the Sony's are more precise and I can feel that the lower end is much more controlable on them (althought I have to put EQ on them) - and these are quite amateur in-ears.

EDIT:
I would recommend working on good monitors anyways. And if you can, work with the sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back