Which bluetooth headphones for iPhone 7
Nov 3, 2016 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Sylanel

New Head-Fier
I got myself the new iPhone 7 which is my main music player during the day at work. I've been using RHA's MA750i as my main cans while at work and using Audio-Technica M50 when at home. I would really like to get a good wireless solution for during the day as I am often struggling with cables when required to get to other offices or answer the phone or other people at my desk (as we work in open spaces). I'm listening to a lot of metal, progressive, rock, soundtracks and some pop one in a while. Here are exemple of what I listen to most lately:

1. Dream Theater
  2. Rush
  3. Kamelot
  4. Epica
  5. Delain
  6. Trivium
  7. Apocalyptica
  8. Foo Fighters
  9. Lacuna Coil
  10. Linkin Park

With that in mind, I also enjoy instrumental music and violons always have a special place for me. As such, It is very important for me to get good details levels. I do enjoy bass quite a lot, but not to the point where it muffles the other frequencies. I am currently considering the following headphones:

1. Sennheiser Momentum Wireless
  2. Bowers & Wilkins P7 wireless
  3. B&O Beoplay H7 wireless
  4. Beats Solo 3 wireless

ANC is not a requirement for me. I want to to get a good long term solution, not something I'll want to change within the next year. I've read a lot the thread started by Giogio about bluetooth headphones reviews/recommendations. I would like a second opinion from you guys for something I could get my hands on up in Canada.

Nov 3, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 9
I'm currently in the same situation for me it's between parrot zik 2 or 3's, Bose qc35 or Sony mdr1000 whatever model it is, Sony's 399.99 Bluetooth over ear headphones.

I really want something good, I would kill for a pair that could sound as good as my sennheiser hd 598's or even my sennheiser hd439's I probably am having unrealistic expectations but I want wireless audiophile quality so bad....

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #3 of 9
Get BTunes for HD 598. Sounds pretty much as good. Makes them Bluetooth. Visit thebtunes.com

You're welcome!

Nov 8, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #4 of 9
I am starting to lean towards B&W P7 Wireless as my new wireless headphones as they are priced lower and have received really good comments and reviews including here on Head-Fi. I have an unopened box of the Beats Solo 3 wireless which I managed to get at 23% discount, but I believe I would be disappointed with sound quality compared to my other choices.

I am planning on waiting for Black Friday to get the B&W P7 wireless. Do you guys think there are chances to see them discounted or am I wasting my time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #5 of 9
I am starting to lean towards B&W P7 Wireless as my new wireless headphones as they are priced lower and have received really good comments and reviews including here on Head-Fi. I have an unopened box of the Beats Solo 3 wireless which I managed to get at 23% discount, but I believe I would be disappointed with sound quality compared to my other choices.

I am planning on waiting for Black Friday to get the B&W P7 wireless. Do you guys think there are chances to see them discounted or am I wasting my time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the P7 Wireless and love them.
They are going to be more bulky as portable headphones but the sound quality is amazing.

You are wasting your time waiting for Black Friday.  B&W never go on sale.  I've been watching for years.  You may find a 3rd party seller on Amazon that drops $10 or so.
The best bet to get them a little cheaper is Amazon Warehouse.

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for the info Zimmy68. Today, I received email notifications that the Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless have gone down in price from $550 CAD to $450 CAD. The B&W P7 Wireless are $480 CAD. If I want a good soundstage with instruments seperation, good bass and detailed mids and highs all while working nicely with an iPhone 7 as a regular source, which would be the best long term purchase?

Dec 12, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #8 of 9
I was looking at BT iems to pair with my iPhone and recently tried the following: Plantronics Backbeat 3, Beats Powerbeats 3, Jaybird Freedom, Mee X7 Plus and Audio Technica Sport 4.

Ended getting the Powerbeats 3 as i find them to be the most linear sounding - with good bass bump - among the rest. Some of them are bang for the buck but sounds too warm (X7), too bright (Jaybird) and thin (Backbeat 3)

This W1 chip on the Powerbeats is really a wonder, i feel that it's just "sipping" my phones' battery! :) They are quite pricey but i'm thinking future prooofing and the ease of its use between other Apple devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back