which Bluetooth ANC pair to get: B&O H8, Parrot Zik 2.0 (or 3??) or the Momentum 2
Apr 23, 2016 at 12:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dubstepnext

New Head-Fier
Hi people,
I don't often post a thread but after conducting a thorough "Web Research" for the past two weeks I had to ask for your guys' advise.

So as you can understand from the topic my next purchase will be a pair of BT mouse canceling headphones. I have the new wired Beats studio so this is not an option and I have theJBL e40- no ANC and not a true audiophile level phones.

At first I was urged to buy the Zik 2.0. I had tried them once in a store and I was really impressed by their noise cancelation combined with clear highs and a nice kicking bass. In addition, I liked the whole "touch pad" feature and they're unique beautiful design (in my view). And the think that really got my interest was the DSP control app.
BUT, after a few days I came to the conclusion their cons:
1. Ridiculously short battery time..
2. The pace they release new models (I really don't see why the 3.0 should cost $250-$350 more then the 2.0).
3. I realized my jbl Bte40 has a "semi-touch" panel..
And now the most important issue: Parrot are famous for manufacturing Drones. Great drones but still... No other new player came in and raised the bar for all the long trusted companies.

Then I set my eyes on the Bang and Olufsen H8 - I have admired B&O forever and their new line of affordable yet uncompromising products has strengthened my conviction( the A8 Bluetooth speaker is one of the best if not the best speaker.
So now I looked for reviews but because they're new I could only base my case on the reviews of the h6 and h7 although this is a whole different ball-game...
So the fact it's not yet widely reviewed is a disadvantage, since although the Brand is super hot it's still I. It's early verges of this generation's products.
+ they're expensive enough for me to be sure before buying.

So after I couldn't decide between the two I digged deeper into the sennheiser momentum wireless 2.0 and saw the consensus is that although they're a bit expensive they offer great sound and ANC and have the wire connection ability which is a must.

Sorry for the long post- it's been frustrating - oh the trouble I cope with lol
Thanks

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 6
No one?? Really

:
blink:​

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 6
Bro I hope your thread gets answers cus I too am on the search for decent noise isolation on headphones, and on the market for bluetooth, if all else fails the only pairs that I have demoed that I felt were comfortable enough and I could tolerate the sound have been bose qc25 (at this point I am desperate and these would be my fall back pair) and Beats wireless 2.0 studios while they don't sound as bad, the definetly isolate really well. My eyes have been on the zik 2.0 but what angers me is they still run 2.0 bt when we have 4.1 out right now. B&o comes at a really hefty price and I would be scared to be mugged for them in the city. Senheiser momentums m2 are touted as a great all arounder. I am just slightly disappointed the bt and noise isolation game isn't strong right now.

Apr 29, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #5 of 6
Hey- so I bought the zik 2.0 via EBay, didn't receive yet And bought the senhiser Momentum wireless.
I didn't notice but the momentum are On-ear while I prefer Over-ear- wish I knew before...
I travelled abroad and my Beats studio ineer linen started detaching...
Maybe should have bought the studio BT.

I'll go look at the reviews on the momentum - the basic fundementals seem to be exactly the same- BTW I thought I will be able hear via cable but turned out it's just for "airplane " mode..

I'll have a look in the bt thread

May 2, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #6 of 6
and what have you chosen ?
Bose QC25 are on a market for a while.. but still there is nothing that can compete with them in terms of NC?
I would like to test the Senns Wireless but there are not available in the big electronic shops in Poland.. Do you have any idea - how much of NC I would loose with them (vs bose qc25)?  I fly about 4 times per week..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back