which B&M to buy V6 in?
Mar 6, 2002 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pinkchry

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've my heart set on the V6. I borrowed a pair from my friend, and was amazed at the difference between it and the MDR-V200 I have currently. However, I want it now! So you know if any B&M have it in the bay area?

Thanks
Swami

Mar 6, 2002 at 5:59 AM Post #5 of 9
B&M = Brick & Mortar = not online
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2002 at 6:10 AM Post #6 of 9
If MacDef doesn't reply, you might give him a PM. He's in SF and I think he talked to Lini awhile back about picking some up at Fry's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2002 at 8:04 PM Post #7 of 9
i live out here and bought my v6 at Fry's about a week ago. It is in Sacramento though, about two hours from where you live. Also they are about 86 bucks after taxes, a good twenty bucks more than from etronics.com, that is a set of ksc 50s.

hell I would even drive out and sell these to you if you want, it would save me twenty bucks, I still have everything down to the store receipt

Mar 6, 2002 at 9:38 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks everybody. I got it from Fry's. These rock, but they are a bit tight on the ears. Also seemed less bright than the ones I listened to earlier. Maybe the new ones they make sound different?

Swami

Mar 6, 2002 at 11:05 PM Post #9 of 9
They probably just need some break-in time to loosen up the drivers. Put a CD on repeat (bass heavy is good), turn them up loud but not loud enough to start buzzing and let them run overnight. Put them in a drawer or under a pillow to muffle them if necessary. I don't know what the general consensus is for the V6 but they probably need about 24 hours burn-in.

(HBZ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back