who does win????

thanks
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2008 at 9:42 AM Post #3 of 5
Hey
smily_headphones1.gif
Same question

Which transport is better?

I will use it with large 'n' heavy high-quality external DAC, with coaxial connection between the two.

Wonder if to get:
1) the PC Digital LInk II Professional
or
2) the Trends Audio UD-10.1

The first is by those who make the Zhaolu, which is said to be a great DAC. (so I guess their other products are also good+)

The second is touted here as excellent USB transport, but as it has a "DAC-thing" in it and is at a similar price, I guess it will be not as good as a transport-only (for what I need it) ...

Anybody have compared them? Can you suggest me another transport?

If I don't get any response, I'd get the first one because it is transport-only (sounds better to me) and has external power.

I am currently using M-Audio 2496's SPDIF output, but will move to a computer which cannot use it, and will have to get a USB/Fi-Wi transport ...

Thank you in advance!

Apr 20, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by brainsalad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You only have one dac listed, the DAC707. The others are used to convert one digital string to another format. ie USB to SPDIF

That is incorrect. The Trends UD-10 does have a DAC. The output in via 1/8" mini jack, but you can still connect it straight to an amp. I have done it, and it sounds pretty darn good.

Bolder cable is considering an RCA jack (in addition to a power supply upgrade) mod as part of their standard repertoire. You would lose the AES/EBU XLR though...

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back