Which are better: Astrotec Am-90 or VSONIC GR02 or something else.
May 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

trollface

New Head-Fier
I need some help deciding which are the best headphones to get in my price bracket (around £40). I don't really want to spend any more than that as I have a track record for busting earphones. I sort of narrowed it down to the Astrotec Am-90 or the VSONIC GR02, but i'm really not sure. The GR02's are the bass edition and my library is largely rock and a bit of electronic so I'm not sure if these are suited and the Astrotec Am-90's look as if they stick out a bit - I would appreciate any help!

Jul 1, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 6
i have the same doubt,  gr02 or m-90 , they look pretty similar in bundle and build quality, but in sound I'm not sure, also they are really cheap no more than 50 dollars each one

Jul 1, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #5 of 6
Heard the GR02 BE will be stopped in production by the end of the year. The GR02 has nice cable. SQ is good but for my taste the mid is just a tad recess because of the slight bass emphasis compares to E10.

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #6 of 6
The GR02 BE has some great treble for that kind of sound signature as usually iems like that have darker sound but it remains light and bright enough and female vocals still sound great. The mids are slightly laid back but have nice detail and the overall resolution is pretty good. For that price they are a great buy and if you're not used to higher tier iems you'll be amazed by those. The name as already said in several threads is kinda misleading though as even though the bass isn't lacking in quantity and texture, it kinda lacks impact and is on the soft side and its decay and speed aren't that great but I'm comparing the GR02 to way more expensive sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back