Which android phone to get?
Jun 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

teatime0315

Head-Fier
My Samsung Galaxy Original (vibrant) has just died this morning. Won't boot or charge. :frowning2: 
I was running Voodoo on it and loved it to death, but now its already almost time to upgrade. I have about two weeks left.

What do you guys recommend from an audiophile perspective.

I'm looking at either the Samsung GS3, HTC One S (with the S4 chipset), Galaxy Nexus.
If any of you guys upgraded from the the original galaxy s to any of those phones could you guys chime in.

PS: I've read that the US versions of the GS3 are getting the dual core S4 chipsets. So the audio quality might be different than the international version. 

Jun 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 6
The few i realy liked in term of soundquality only compared to others like Samsung Galaxy S II HD, Nokia Lumia 900, Sony Xperia S, Samsung Galaxy Note.

Jun 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
The few i realy liked in term of soundquality only compared to others like Samsung Galaxy S II HD, Nokia Lumia 900, Sony Xperia S, Samsung Galaxy Note.

If you had to pick one in your list,  which would you say was the best? And, are there third-party music player apps for the Lumia 900?

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #4 of 6
I upgraded from a Nexus S with Voodoo to an HTC One X with the S4 processor.

In short, the One X has some minor deficiencies but it is actually quite pleasant to listen to IMHO. My main gripe is that there is some audible hiss, though it isn't perceptible by everyone based on feedback in the forums.

Even though sound quality is one of my major considerations, I like the phone so much that I don't care about the hiss -- if that's any indication.

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #6 of 6
I'm pretty much new with all the audiophile thing but i might going to upgrade my phone this summer (hopefully) (currently using HTC Desire Z) and to be honest the sound quality isn't really good, so i'm hoping to get the Sony Xperia iOn, which looks freaking gorgeous :D.. and well since it's a Sony i know the sound will be good and having a 32gb sd card and with the on board memory i think it's 16gb i will be having 48gb all together which is not too bad :p.. but yeah for the looks of it Sony might be your choice but that's my opinion though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back