Which android dap you guys recommend?
Aug 3, 2016 at 8:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

OnlySound

New Head-Fier
Looking for:
  1. Warm,organic sound signature
  2. Soundstage
  3. Good Vocals
  4. Streaming services(Definitely a must)

Gonna pair it with iem mostly
(Sony XBA-A3)
(Thinksound On1)

I Really appreciate your opinion doesnt matter if youu audition a short your opinion is greatly appreciated
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #2 of 12
Out of that list, I'd go for the Fiio X7.

No need for the DP-X1 unless you really need the dual DAC & AMP chips plus the balanced output.

I would also look at Pioneer XDP-100R, basically the little brother to the DP-X1.

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #4 of 12
Thanks,looks like my decision was right probably gonna get x7 
I like the sound quality of the Onkyo over X-7. That was without the amp modules they have out now for the X-7 so that could change.

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #5 of 12
If you want a "warmer, more organic" sound on the X7 you'll definitely need to get something other than the AM1 module. AM1 is on the brighter side of things.

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with the X7 (for your tastes, as long as you don't get the AM1) or the DP-X1, which in my opinion is warmer than the X7 (though I'm not sure if this is entirely still true after FiiO came out with the other amp modules). Both are great sounding players.

Do be prepared for software bugs though. I own an X7, and there are some annoying bugs (like when starting to play music the volume at first being lowered for 10 seconds and then it goes back to normal) though nothing that's a deal breaker IMO. It seems like the DP-X1 also still suffers some bugs as well, though I'm less certain about this because I haven't been actively keeping track of that player's thread.

Also, based on what I have read and my own personal experience, the DP-X1 seems to have better battery life than the X7.

Personally, I own a X7 (despite having heavily considered the DP-X1) because it was cheaper (at least from the US when comparing the prices of both from actual authorized resellers) and because I have some brand loyalty to FiiO.
tongue.gif

Aug 8, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #6 of 12
[COLOR=FF0000]Looking for:[/COLOR]
  • Warm,organic sound signature
  • Soundstage
  • Good Vocals
  • Streaming services(Definitely a must)

Gonna pair it with iem mostly
(Sony XBA-A3)
(Thinksound On1)

I Really appreciate your opinion doesnt matter if youu audition a short your opinion is greatly appreciated:D :D

X7 is cold sounding. Side buttons suck too.

Aug 9, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #11 of 12
Seriously, when I try to adjust volume, I sometime press the other side because of the symmetry and track is sswitched. This makes me wanna smash the device. But sound is decent, except am1 amp of course.

With FW 2.0 on the X7, you can switch what the buttons on each side do.

Out of the box, with the player facing you, the left side is for volume and power on/off and the right is for play/pause and track skipping. But now you can switch that around if you want to.

Aug 9, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #12 of 12
With FW 2.0 on the X7, you can switch what the buttons on each side do.

Out of the box, with the player facing you, the left side is for volume and power on/off and the right is for play/pause and track skipping. But now you can switch that around if you want to.

Even though you can switch, it's always easy to accidentally press the wrong sside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back