Which AMP Would You Use With HD-650's?
Mar 13, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #46 of 63
those amps are all b-e-a-u-tiful!!! well, with a reserve for cantante but that;s just a personal taste
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #47 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well Tuesday has passed, and you said got them from another user. Means probably "burned in" so do you like the combination? I'm listening to Juno Reactor with the HD650 and Compass right now and loving it! Yourself?

I'm very happy indeed. The Gilmore Lite with DPS work very well with the HD650's. I feel like I am getting great value with this combination, especially since I bought the GL and DPS used which means not only were they cheaper, but already broken in.

Mar 13, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #48 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by esien /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those amps are all b-e-a-u-tiful!!! well, with a reserve for cantante but that;s just a personal taste
smily_headphones1.gif

Ironically I actually think the Cantate is the best looking of all of them.

Mar 16, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #49 of 63
I voted KICAS Caliente as like to suport fellow headfiers and I also like to buy Canadian when ever posible.

Mar 16, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #50 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Went right over my head too.

I think I got it
biggrin.gif

But well he gave the reason didn´t he? Most votes on the Gilmore Lite which probably means it´s the amp most people have I suppose. Polls tend to work that way naturally
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #51 of 63
Ive always been Interested in the Gilmore Lite with the DPS, but i scored myself a good deal on the VHP-2/VAC-1 combo. Which i couldnt turn down
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice buy and enjoy!

Mar 19, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #54 of 63
650 likes tubes. Tubes sound better and you can alter the sound signature to meet your exact needs. What else is there to know? Why limit the potential for optimizing your system? So you don't have to bother with tube rolling? If that is such a big deal then why agonize over what amp sounds best when your main concern is convenience? m0ofassa is a young lady from down under and she can roll tubes, what is wrong with the rest of you people?
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #55 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only tube amp I enjoyed with the HD650 is the SOHA2 and it's a speed demon in terms of tubes anyway. I'd say the Dynalo (Gilmore Lite) would be my recommendation.

The Millet Mini-Max, SOHA/ JISBOS or SOHA2 are the hybrids I really like with my 600s. The hydbrids dont cost anymore than the SS amps listed (probably less) and the hybrids use inexpensive tubes. I find these hybrids have the generally clean, fast signature of SS without the edge or grit SS often adds to the upper registers. For comparisons sake I have owned the GS-1 and I prefer any of the hybrids to the GS-1.

IMG_0517.jpg

cthwo7.jpg

cth_done_front.jpg

Pdrm3101.jpg

13122008269dd9.jpg

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #59 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by .Sup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
defo NOT Gilmore-no gain adjustments

The gilmore lite stock is just fine for an HD 650 - I never had trouble with too much or too little volume knob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back