which amp to get?
Jan 17, 2007 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

biermagnaat

100+ Head-Fier
guys! i need you're help!!!!

i dont know what to do, i'm going to buy my first amp. but i don't know which one to get,

my portable rig looks at this moment like this: nano 2gen > akg K81dj's

wich amp should i get? the pa2v2 or the ldm+

i dont know anymore i cant figure it out.
basshead.gif
frown.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 11:32 AM Post #2 of 30
I'd go with a good amp that isn't overly bassy. The best in their class are the XTRA X1 and the C&C BOX, and since the latter has been said to have more bass, I'd go with the former. You can have it for about $90 on ebay.com if you make a "best offer" to the seller. There's the iBasso P1, too, but no reviews yet on this. If you want real small, check out the Minibox-D or Minibox-CL again on ebay.com

Jan 17, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #3 of 30
but i'm looking for a pa2v2 or a ldm+
icon10.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 11:52 AM Post #5 of 30
I would not buy either, sorry.

I'm a fan of the Go Vibe. My (early) initial impressions of the Xtra X-1 are favorable. Minibox-CL impressions are also very good. C&C Box is on the way, so no comments there yet.

If it has to be either pa2v2 or ldm+, I'd go with the pa2v2. I don't like what I've read about the ldm+.

Jan 17, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #6 of 30
ok guys, i've added a poll hope there are a lot of folks out there who are willing to help me i don't know wich would suit my rig better or which is better value.

Jan 17, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #7 of 30
Pair the K81dj to the PA2V2 and you get the perfect skullshaker
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

I have the LDM+ and it's a deserving little amp - only to a significantly lessened extent since the above mentioned amps have appeared. Two months ago I'd have recommended it without hesitation....

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pair the K81dj to the PA2V2 and you get the perfect skullshaker
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

I have the LDM+ and it's a deserving little amp - only to a significantly lessened extent since the above mentioned amps have appeared. Two months ago I'd have recommended it without hesitation....

i'm sorry i don't know what you mean i don't understand it my english isn't so good at the moment.

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #9 of 30
Well, my choice would be a Go-Vibe. I have a V3 and its great little starter amp. This is the version where you can roll opamps =) This is great and really gives a different sound just buy changing it.

However, if you had a gun to my head to pick the LDM and the PA2V2, i would prob pick the PA2V2.

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #10 of 30
thanks highlife, and others!

i want a amp but i don't want to spend to much on it because it is not the most important thing in my life, so to speak.

so i think that the govibe is a bit to expensive for me and i heard verry good things about both the pa2v2 and the ldm so i don't know which one to get.

so keep on helping me
icon10.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by biermagnaat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks highlife, and others!

i want a amp but i don't want to spend to much on it because it is not the most important thing in my life, so to speak.

so i think that the govibe is a bit to expensive for me and i heard verry good things about both the pa2v2 and the ldm so i don't know which one to get.

so keep on helping me
icon10.gif

You can prob find a GV in the for sale forum for cheaper price then ldm/pa2v2 is new. I would keep a eye out there, people always upgrading here. I know, cause im one of them
580smile.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can prob find a GV in the for sale forum for cheaper price then ldm/pa2v2 is new. I would keep a eye out there, people always upgrading here. I know, cause im one of them
580smile.gif

haha that's true i will look out for them but i don't know wich amp suits my rig better because the k81's got a lot of bass from themselves so a amp wich provide's base isn't necessery.

hmmm i still don't know which one to get.

are there more people who use an amp in combination with a set of k81's or are there people who can try it out for me?

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
580smile.gif

Right On The Money....rotm..

Jan 17, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #15 of 30
I used the K81/LDM+ combo for a few months before I got my X1. The difference from unamped to LDM+ was marginal. It seemed to tame the bass a little and helped bring out the details a little better (it pairs with the KSC75 a lot better). I would pick the LDM+ out of the 2 you have listed, but you will probably be wanting more as time goes by, so go ahead and spend a little extra now and get the X1. You know you want to.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back