Which amp for MDR-CD1000?
Jan 2, 2003 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

onex

New Head-Fier
Yes the question is - which amp would serve my MDR-CD1000's best? Right know im driving them right out of my iPod, and it sounds amazingly well! Could it become any better?
smily_headphones1.gif

Thx.

by the way im suprised how great these sonys are... bought them for just $80

Jan 2, 2003 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 5
I see you have the DT250's too... How are the sonys compared? And did you finally get rid of those etys?

Jan 2, 2003 at 9:11 PM Post #3 of 5
Hehe... nope is still have the ety's interested? Price went down to DKK 1700,- !

The sonys isnt that dark sounding as the DT250. I think they do quite well. They are really big in compare with the DT250, but they overall sound better. Bigger soundstage, better fit too. They use the same drivers as the MDR-CD3000, which goes for $699. I however bought the discontinued CD1000's for $80... or around DKK 800.

Sold my DT250 to my brother..

Jan 2, 2003 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 5
You know, I'm pretty used to wearing ear plugs when sleeping... Perhaps those etys are for me? Well, if that's the case you'll still have to wait to get paid. The next thing I'm going to buy will be a corda ha1 and a beyer 770 or 880. Only problem is, I've got too little damn money, my salary hardly supports weekend fun and that's something I'll never give up for headphonedom. Perhaps in a year or two I'll come to bornholm and try out those phones??
wink.gif

How about the rest of you guys? 1700DKK, that's about 240$ - if you want to fly to denmark and go on a 6 hour ferry ride to bornholm to get them...
tongue.gif

Onex, please post some pics of the CD1000, they sound interesting. (i know, that phrase sounds kind of odd when it comes to headphones, but you know what I'm talking 'bout...)

Jan 3, 2003 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 5
Very funny flasken... eheh..
smily_headphones1.gif

If i had a digital camera i would post pictures. The CD1000 isnt as well constructed as the DT250. They quite ugly actually, and they are probably 5 years old. BUT,- they sound terrific, no matter how big and unprotable they must be... In the end the beyers fits my ear better - but again the CD1000 sounds far better. They have a certain "crisp" and more detailed sound than the DT250. I wished i could give you pictures but i dont have any... and its very hard to find these phones on the net. I believe they actually looks just like the CD3000, the CD1000 is just pure black though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back