Which amp for jvc sz1000?
Aug 7, 2016 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bassplz

Head-Fier
listening from a macbook pro, and want an amp for these headphones to get as much bass out of them as possible. Thoughts? Fiio e12? would you recommend a DAC? Thanks.

on another note, what are the best replacement pads for these?

Aug 10, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #4 of 8
Seeing as the nominal impedance of these headphones is just 16 ohms, a good general all purpose amplifier would be the Schiit Audio Magni. If you think you really NEED a DAC, they also make the Modi, which can be bridged to the Magni as well for a decent price. I use mine to drive everything from Numark and Denon all the way to AKG and Sennheiser.

I've also owned a FiiO E7 & E11, they both work phenomenal for "on the go" portability.

Hope this helps.

Aug 11, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #5 of 8
I want an amp (+/- DAC) that will maximize the bass (so I'm assuming a bass boost function is good for that but I'm not sure) for under $150.

Not sure if amp bass boost is simply a built in equalizer. Or if it's separate.

Aug 11, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #6 of 8
I want an amp (+/- DAC) that will maximize the bass (so I'm assuming a bass boost function is good for that but I'm not sure) for under $150.

Not sure if amp bass boost is simply a built in equalizer. Or if it's separate.

For those headphones and source, getting a DAC as well might not be the best "bang for your buck". That being said, and for EQ settings like bass boost, I'd say get the FiiO

Aug 11, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #7 of 8
For those headphones and source, getting a DAC as well might not be the best "bang for your buck". That being said, and for EQ settings like bass boost, I'd say get the FiiO

Thanks for the response.

I'm thinking the e17 over the e12 (similar price but seems like the e17 is better)

Any thoughts on the differences?

Is there any way that the MacBook Pro won't benefit at all from the e17 DAC?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back