Which Amp for Grado's
Nov 10, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 10
hmm..all good amps, but I would go with neither.
...consider the MadEar Purist or EarMax Pro if you opt for a tube amp maybe

Nov 10, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler
hmm..all good amps, but I would go with neither.
...consider the MadEar Purist or EarMax Pro if you opt for a tube amp maybe

I think Audiofiler is looking for a portable amp ?

Personally, I'm using Bithead with my sr325i (SR80 prior to sr325i) at work and MAD Purist with RS-1 at home. I love both setup.

Airhead is another option if USB DAC is not a requirement. No, I don't have much experience with the amps on your list.

rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #4 of 10
Poboy, are you in Florida? I ask because in 3 weeks we are having a major meet in Fort Lauderdale. You could test any of those amps at the meet.

I have listen to Xenos and Go-Vibe and as you probably know I preferred the Go-Vibe. Another option specially since you mentioned Grados is the PA2V2.

Nov 10, 2006 at 6:05 PM Post #5 of 10
I have a LDM+ that I use with my SR-225's but am about to sell it to get an XP amp (Pint replacement) for portable use and an HPdac for my work desktop use from MisterX

Nov 12, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #6 of 10
ya i am looking for a portable option so i wanted to know which one has good synery with the grado phones ...

well my budget can be max 150 shipped but i would prefer in keeping it <100 $ , so whats my best option from the ones mentioned or something else
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #7 of 10
i own both the ldm and go vibe 5. i prefer the soung of the go vibe with my sr60. it has a fuller sound and better bass response.

Nov 12, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by barrycro
i own both the ldm and go vibe 5. i prefer the soung of the go vibe with my sr60. it has a fuller sound and better bass response.

ive been reading on the impression threads ,seems like go vibe is the way to go
biggrin.gif

is there any difference in performance between battery & adapter powered go vibe ... being from asia , its difficult to find the adapter mentioned on the go vibe site ... so im mostly looking at battery powered usage

Nov 12, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #9 of 10
i have read some people find a difference in sound between battery and power cord use. i havent really found much difference. i use a rechargeable 9v and it sounds great. however my power cord is a 19 v not the 24v that is recommended.
in any case i find battery operation to sound excellent.

Nov 12, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #10 of 10
Only difference with battery vs. wallpower is that with wallpower, there MIGHT be some silent static noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back