Which Amp/DAC is better? AI-301DA or UD-301 ? Why?
Nov 11, 2014 at 8:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gr34td3str0y3r

100+ Head-Fier
edit: I'm an idiot... Which Amp/DAC is better for headphones

both output 100mw at 32ohms per channel 

http://audio.teac.com/product/ai-301da/
DAC 
The BurrBrown PCM 1795 D/A converter converts 5.6MKz DSD or 32bit/192kHz PCM digital data into analog form. The analog signal, which is derived from huge digital audio data files (far larger than those used by CD) delivers a finely etched sound, with a great sense of depth
AMP
The power amplifier stage is based upon a tried and tested Class-D amp, manufactured by ICEpower of Denmark. 

It converts a high-resolution sound source into high-definition speaker signals using a feedback loop between a hybrid feedback controlled oscillating modulator (HCOM) which faithfully amplifies the signal, and a multivariable enhanced cascade control (MECC). The efficient design of the 60W + 60W (4 ohms) amplifier creates very little heat, eliminating any need for a cooling fan, thus affording a quiet environment that's ideal for musical appreciation.

http://audio.teac.com/product/ud-301/overview/
DAC 
The two internal BurrBrown 1795 digital-to-analog converter units each work on a single channel (left or right) for true dual monaural operation. They are capable of 32-bit processing and so have the capacity to process 5.6MHz DSD data in large quantities, making them indispensible for faithful and accurate playback of high-resolution sound sources.
AMP
We use these in the analog circuit, they are a vital element in determining the final sound quality. They transform the electrical current output of the D/A converter into a voltage signal. We opted for a dual monaural configuration for the operational amplifiers, employing two MUSES8920 operational amplifier units, one on each of the left and right channels. These devices are made by New Japan Radio and are designed especially for hi-fi audio.

I think the top one only has 1 dac chip and 1 amp chip 
the bottom one utilizes two for a  dual monaural circuit design

How much will this matter if I use either of these JUST for a dac and headphone amp?  

Nov 2, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 2
Second the question.

P. S. Dual chips seem to be better IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back