Which Amp between the Yggy and Senn HD700, B&O H6?
Sep 4, 2016 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RoundRound

100+ Head-Fier
Hello People,
I'm looking for an Amp to use between my Yggy and my headphones the open back HD700 (150 Ohm) and the B&O H6 (34 Ohm).
I'm mainly looking to hear the Yggy in all it's glory, it's currently driving my speaker system (ML Electrocution ESLs).

I have a preference for Schiit amps and want something as transparent as possible. Any ideas are welcome, thank you!

Sep 4, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #2 of 6
  Hello People,
I'm looking for an Amp to use between my Yggy and my headphones the open back HD700 (150 Ohm) and the B&O H6 (34 Ohm).
I'm mainly looking to hear the Yggy in all it's glory, it's currently driving my speaker system (ML Electrocution ESLs).

I have a preference for Schiit amps and want something as transparent as possible. Any ideas are welcome, thank you!

Rag...

Otherwise you might consider the Bryston BHA-1 and the Auralic Taurus MKII

Sep 5, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 6

Thanks mate,
I'm trying to stop spending on HiFi - at least that's what I tell my SO :wink:

Would the Asgard 2 (full class A) be able to manage the two headphones? I'm also curious by the Lyr, like the idea of playing with Tubes/LISST.

Any ideas are welcome, thanks!

Sep 5, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 6

Thanks mate,
I'm trying to stop spending on HiFi - at least that's what I tell my SO :wink:

Would the Asgard 2 (full class A) be able to manage the two headphones? I'm also curious by the Lyr, like the idea of playing with Tubes/LISST.

Any ideas are welcome, thanks!

Yes, the Asgard 2 will drive both with ease.
There's also the new Schiit Jotunheim (399usd)

Both should serve you very well.

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #5 of 6
Anyone knows how good the Lyr with LISST compared to schiit's SS HP amps? (Asgard, Jotunhein, etc)...

I like the idea of playing with tubes but don't want to compromise SS performance,

thank you!

Sep 10, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #6 of 6
  Anyone knows how good the Lyr with LISST compared to schiit's SS HP amps? (Asgard, Jotunhein, etc)...

I like the idea of playing with tubes but don't want to compromise SS performance,

thank you!

Warmer I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back