Wheres the Bass?
Mar 25, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

lol
basshead.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #17 of 37
yeah thats what im gonna start doing, buying and returning within their day limit, but ty angelhair.
-
ive thought about that much, that my headphones werent just geting enough power from the source, and after being suggested about small amps, im considering getting myself one.
-
loll - 11
-

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #18 of 37
whoaa holy **** these mini amps are smaller than i thought they were lol, thanks molondro for the suggestion.
now just to compare which of these are the best LOl.. man im picky..

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #19 of 37
As far i understand you likes bass more but don't want to loose overall warmth and clarity. I think Iriver H320, 2G ipod mini and 2G ipod Nano has most bass output on default settings and if you pair with Sennheiser CX300, Bose Tri-port, SF5pro,UM2, Shure SE420 or SE530PTH then you will definitaly enjoy the music. BTW if you still not satisfied with the bass output then you can download SRS WOW AUDIO SANDBOX or DFX software which will add more bass in your music.

Mar 25, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #20 of 37
I think that ur source has a problem (try CX300 or EP630). Go for X-Fi Xtreme Music, if you have good sound quality + BASS + less $, then buy a good headphone.
(my old iAUDIO F2 has BASS w/o quality)

X-Fi has more power then any portable player. (I'm not sure
biggrin.gif
)
maybe a good portable AMP increase the bass.

Mar 26, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #22 of 37
DOWNLOAD srs wow? for what the ipod?
as of right now im researching up between
Xin Supermicro, Minibox D, Ibasso T1, and Little Dot Micro+
as for the headphone gear i bught myself a grado sr60 to keep but will soon be getting AKG K 271 S to try

Mar 26, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #23 of 37
Uh, I think you should do more research before buying. Doesn't seem like you're truly looking into the type of equipment you want. You said you like lots of bass, right? See the K81DJ and DT770. For an amp, check out the Practical Devices XM4 (off the top of my head.) I know there are plenty of other bass oriented amps worth looking into, and I doubt your research on them considering you're looking at the Little Dot Micro+.

Oh, and from that HeadRoom link you gave,

Quote:

The K-271S's mild, controlled bass response is probably not full-sounding or punchy enough for most rock music, hip-hop or electronica fans, but might do OK if big bass is not your thing.

Mar 26, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #24 of 37
Neither the SR60 nor the K271 are known for impressive (quantity + quality) bass. They both are somewhat lacking in the quantity aspect.

If I were you and wanted bass, I'd go for the (Darth) Beyerdynamic DT770-80 with the Audio-Technica ES7/Sennheiser HD25-1 as portable alternatives.

Mar 26, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #25 of 37
I find the sound from the headphone jack on my H10 to be quite good. If you are getting a portable amp howerver, you might want to invest in a player that has line out or get a line out cable for your H10.

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #26 of 37
I have been looking into thoes headphones [AKG K 81 DJ and Beyerdynamic DT 770] but also trying to consider the size of my wallet at the same time. i know very well that the Grado SR60 wont be the kind of kick ill be wanting when it to bass but i need something to listen to considering my Ultimate Ears super.fi 5EB broke and have nothing ot listen from cept these shafty 5$ headphones. and considering the SR60 is up to par as compared to 300-400$ headphones with a cheap price (and cheap look), its something ill keep for now.
as for the amps. im not a dj nor do i carry a backpack like probably most audiophiles with their big amps, i want something little like the Ibasso T1. i will admit im new at this, and the little dot micro+ probably wont do good for most for everyone, so instead of criticizing me about my lack of taste ty for the people who give suggestions for amps with the reasonable price like the Ibasso and Xin Supermicro.
as for the AKG 271 S, im just trying them from www.headphone.com were u are allowed to return with refund within 30 days. and i wll be trying hte Beyerdynamic DT 770 after the akg, ill be trying out many headphones as suggested till i find the right one.
-
as for the h10 issue, im contemplating on getting the nomore circulated H320 that has good bass and has a lineout. but as for now i have a male-male output like as suggested, but ty for ur warning caramelsoul
-zeke

Mar 26, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #27 of 37
You want massive bass? Grab the XtremeMac FS1 and use the foam tips.

Be sure to TURN OFF ALL BASS ENHANCEMENTS on your player when using these, though. Any bass boosting through the EQ will be distorted and awful. The FS1 will provide all the bass you could ever need, while also providing a balanced, detailed sound.

I use the older, uglier version of the same earphone, the Future Sonics EM3 (the FS in FS1 stands for Future Sonics, and both the EM3 and FS1 use the same internal hardware). The bass is so massive with these things that even with a neutral and bass-light source like my Cowon A2, the bass on the few hip-hop style tunes I have is so massive that I actually FEEL the bass.

Seriously, Future Sonics earphones are *THE* earphone for an audiophile who actually likes bass impact. They might not be "neutral", per se, but I find most "neutral" setups to be bright and fatiguing. I have *NO* fatigue issues with Future Sonics, and the clarity and soundstage are startling.

Again, any bass-head MUST try the FS1. I guarantee you won't regret it (provided you insert them properly, heheh).

Mar 26, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #28 of 37
hrm ty, ill look into this FS1,
for now, does anyone got any suggestions or links to read up on for me?
or suggestions of better small amps with reasonable price?
im trying to compare Ibasso T1, Minibox-D and Xin Supermini IV.

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by zekexz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and considering the SR60 is up to par as compared to 300-400$ headphones with a cheap price (and cheap look), its something ill keep for now.

Not quite sure where you heard that, but Grado's in the $300-400 range are probably much better than SR60's. The K81DJ is slightly cheaper than the SR60 in most places and it is comparable to the SR60. It will perform better for your needs than the SR60.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zekexz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so instead of criticizing me about my lack of taste ty for the people who give suggestions for amps with the reasonable price like the Ibasso and Xin Supermicro.

I thought it was more of constructive criticism rather than verbally assaulting you, but I guess it was taken otherwise. Anyway, didn't mean for that, but I did suggest the Practical Devices XM4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back