Where's the Bass? DT770 Pro 32 Ohm
Dec 20, 2017 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DarthCh0l0

New Head-Fier
My headphone journey led me to DT 770 Pro 32 Ohm. Reputation is these were better suited for those that like Bass and I picked the lower impedance version since I had some less powerful amps that work well with my other headphones.

Why is the bass not pronounced? I'd describe the bass as under-powered and bloaty. Did I have the wrong expectations? Is it amp?

All these had better bass.

Sennhieser HD595 50 ohms
Denon D2000 25 ohms
Sennheiser HD 4.30 (has too much bass for my tastes)

Amps used with :

Old Headroom Total Airhead
Fiio Q1 mark 2

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 8
Dang it. Comfort wise with your pads these felt like the best closed back headphones for me. They didn't seal air pressure around my ear which I dont like the feeling.

I don't want to rebuy.

Dec 20, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #4 of 8
I just found this thread. Im gonna get a good cheap desktop amp since these are my work headphones.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more.513393/

32Ohm Models

Despite their low Ohm rating, the 32Ohm variants actually will need a little more power than what the 250Ohm require. The reason they need a bit more juice is because of their sensitivity and impedance. They have both a really low impedance and a lower sensitivity rating, thus they will need more power. Take the K701/K702 for example: despite it's low impedance (62Ohms I beleive), they have a very low sensitivity. The more sensitive a headphone is the easier they will be to power and reach a desired volume. The DT770/32 have a impedance of 32Ohms and a sensitivity rating of 101dB. This makes than a bit more difficult tog et to the desired volume and power properly. I believe they require a nice voltage swing as well as more current than most 32Ohm headphones.

Jan 23, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #5 of 8
I have DT770 32ohms... Good sounding cans... Maybe harsh treble on some tracks... Fatiguing... But overall good sound.

I have problems with comfort... My ears are big so they are not most comfortable set of cans for me. Actually i cant wear them for more than hour. I have feeling that pads are pressing on top of my ears.
T1 are way better comfort wise...

Are velour pads better/bigger?
Do they alter sound? I dont want to change sound too much with different pads. Have tried HM5 pads but they are "horrible" on DT770 sound wise (lost bass impact, tightness, hollow sounding).
I dont want more treble.

Not for me?

Jan 24, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #7 of 8
I have the same pair with grey velour pads. I also have the leatherette pads although i switched to velour right away. I found fit to important.I have long ears and found that extending them so the top of my ear is inside the cup made a big difference. My ears are weird and one of my earlobes is longer than the other so one clears the pad and the other has the pad sit on top if it. Still comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back