Where's a good place to get starquad cable in the UK?
Oct 26, 2007 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MH79

100+ Head-Fier
Farnell are out, and I've looked at a few other places, and I only want a few metres, not a 100m reel!

I'd rather get it in the UK if I can...

Oct 26, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHunt79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Farnell are out, and I've looked at a few other places, and I only want a few metres, not a 100m reel!

I'd rather get it in the UK if I can...

Canford sells Mogami and Canare at least, maybe other brands too:

http://www.canford.co.uk/

Oct 26, 2007 at 12:53 PM Post #4 of 10
Awesome shop, thanks. They sell swithcraft connectors also... I'm tempted to make the order about £50 so you get free deliver.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #5 of 10
They also do BC (owned by Vishay) 0.1% metal film resistors (equivalent to Welwyn RC55) for 15p each. My winter project is a balanced four board beta22 and I'm considering trying them in that.

EDIT: Woops, I suspect you meant Canford, not Rapid.

Nov 27, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #7 of 10
Does anyone know what length Canford sells (mogami) cable in? I can't find if/where it specifies metres or feet.

Nov 27, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know what length Canford sells (mogami) cable in? I can't find if/where it specifies metres or feet.

it is metres (i got some mogami the other week) how much you need? I have a bit left if it's for a smallish interconnect you could have.

qables have some nice stuff too :wink:

Nov 27, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by needmorstuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it is metres (i got some mogami the other week) how much you need? I have a bit left if it's for a smallish interconnect you could have.

qables have some nice stuff too :wink:

Thanks, but it will be for a headphone recable, so a few metres (probably about 3 since i like to wander a bit :p).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back