Where were you? What were you doing?
Sep 12, 2002 at 2:59 AM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco

I'm surprised that so many people made it out that actually worked in both buildings. I still have the whole WTC implanted in my head, so its kinda hard to look at this empty pit and place where everything once stood. Weeks after, i was working on Wall Street and hated every minute of it, it was so depressing being down there and the constant train stopages due to false alarms really drove me nuts.

It's a tribute to those buildings that they stood as long as they did allowing so many to escape.

Implanted. Yeah, I still don't think I've wrapped my mind around the fact that they're gone. I haven't been able to get myself to go by there and there's nothing left now.

Depressing it was. Strange too, National Guard troops everywhere, camped out in Battery Park. I had to show ID to get on the block I work. It was a strange time.

I hope you got your employment situation straightened out.

Sep 12, 2002 at 3:05 AM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
Just a random thought but can you imagine the people who work in the reopened Centuty 21 dept store, what they must be going through? The store literally overlooks the site.

To be reminded, everyday. Everyday.

Sep 12, 2002 at 5:03 AM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
I hope you got your employment situation straightened out.

I was called back to work at the end of May by the same company, i was travelling between 3 WFC and jersey city...only lasted two months, lol. I guess they didn't need me back that badly. I just got a call out of the blue from a temp agency i contacted back in April, funny how things work out.

Sep 12, 2002 at 5:40 AM Post #34 of 38
This act of war has left impressions on the whole nation.
3000 killed. But how many touched? Those who got out? Relatives? Friends? It branches out to hundreds of thousands or more across the country.

My next door neighbor said her daughter's best friend was killed.

More will die in the coming months in battle. I know that Americans will appreciate and honor their sacrifice. But will the rest of the free world?

Sep 12, 2002 at 5:48 AM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

I was called back to work at the end of May by the same company, i was travelling between 3 WFC and jersey city...only lasted two months, lol. I guess they didn't need me back that badly. I just got a call out of the blue from a temp agency i contacted back in April, funny how things work out.

Hmmm, Jersey City, wouldn't be the backup site, would it ? After the '93 bombing, clients of mine in the towers were all getting off site backup locations either on Long Island or in Jersey City.

Glad you got that call. A while back I saw how you listed your occupation in your profile. The way it was worded I was afraid to ask. Good luck with the new gig !

Sep 12, 2002 at 6:33 AM Post #36 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar

Hmmm, Jersey City, wouldn't be the backup site, would it ? After the '93 bombing, clients of mine in the towers were all getting off site backup locations either on Long Island or in Jersey City.

Glad you got that call. A while back I saw how you listed your occupation in your profile. The way it was worded I was afraid to ask. Good luck with the new gig !

Yeah, right on the water in Jersey City. Occupation? Hmmm..consultant? I can't remember what i had it down as.

Sep 12, 2002 at 8:01 AM Post #37 of 38
I want to thank all who posted for not letting this thread get out of control.....
My intention was for us to contemplate on what happened.
Not speculate on the outcome.
aloha to all,
md

Sep 12, 2002 at 12:04 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Yeah, right on the water in Jersey City. Occupation? Hmmm..consultant? I can't remember what i had it down as.

I was referring to your current occupation listing "had one till 9/11/01" (which I'm assuming has been there for the past year). Read that, figured you worked in the towers or surrounding area and wanted to ask, but thought it best not too.

Hope your new job is great !
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back