Where to Purchase AUDIO GEAR while in CHINA?????????????????
Mar 2, 2015 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Paradigm

100+ Head-Fier
I was hoping that someone here might be able to give me suggestions on where in China or Hong Kong one can purchase DAC/AMP's at a retail store since I have a friend who is over there on a business trip right now. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 4, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #3 of 15
Actually it depends a lot on which city your friend is in China ? I have been in china for almost 2 years now and I can tell you the retail stores and selection varies a lot depending on which city you are in.

If he has any local contacts in china (or can read Chinese) an online buy is a lot more recommended since the price is a lot better and the delivery speed is rather quick too.  Also he could pay cash on delivery, so he doesn't need to worry about getting scammed.

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #4 of 15
I was hoping that someone here might be able to give me suggestions on where in China or Hong Kong one can purchase DAC/AMP's at a retail store since I have a friend who is over there on a business trip right now. 

What kind of DAC/amp are you looking for?

Mar 7, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #6 of 15
shenzenaudio.com or aliexpress.com would be two sites to consider. As for physical locations, I am unsure as to what electronics retailers are available in China, so you'll have to find those yourself. However, Shenzen/Hong Kong are great places for electronics...I hear Seg electronics market is a good place in Shenzhen though. Link for that is: http://www.seg.com.cn/

Mar 7, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #7 of 15
  shenzenaudio.com or aliexpress.com would be two sites to consider. As for physical locations, I am unsure as to what electronics retailers are available in China, so you'll have to find those yourself. However, Shenzen/Hong Kong are great places for electronics...I hear Seg electronics market is a good place in Shenzhen though. Link for that is: http://www.seg.com.cn/

You can be 1000000% sure that you'd get better prices in China of course :wink:

Mar 7, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #8 of 15
taobao.com / jd.com

End of story :)

Mar 14, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #10 of 15

I don't Understand. Taobao and JD the prices on AMPS or DACS are the same as what amazon USA charges.

Example FiiO E12A   ¥998.00 = 159.46 USD

This goes for every other audio device.

Big name Chinese brands such as hifiman, fiio and mini audio, charge the same anywhere in the world. They are more popular here in the US than they are in China. 

Chinese people prefer imported gears. You can find HD800 at 6000CNY, TH900 at 7000CNY, and Z7 at 2650CNY, which are slightly better deals than what you have in the US.

Anyway, taobao.com offers the best deal available in China. If you are looking for ultra-good-deal, you may want to ask your friends in Japan. 

Hope it helps. 

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #11 of 15
So basically would I be better off asking him to take a look at the HongKong shops while he stays there 3 day before leaving for say an  iBasso D-Zero Mk2. I mean at the end of the day are the dac/amps cheaper in certain Hong Kong shops or is the price difference so little that it makes the effort not worth it.

Mar 29, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #13 of 15
  So basically would I be better off asking him to take a look at the HongKong shops while he stays there 3 day before leaving for say an  iBasso D-Zero Mk2. I mean at the end of the day are the dac/amps cheaper in certain Hong Kong shops or is the price difference so little that it makes the effort not worth it.

Prices in audio shops located in HK are pretty much the same, they are generally priced according to MSRP, I see very few discounts.

For the iBasso D-Zero Mk2, you can also check out the below link for other shops aside from the ones I mentioned in post #2
http://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=179297

Users who are viewing this thread

Back